Chapter 31

Abby lay on Matt's bed, cuddled up against him. They'd been relaxing most of the day, watching TV together. They hadn't really talked, which she was glad about. She felt so overloaded with information, and completely overwhelmed by it all. Instead she'd dozed some and they'd watched TV.

Matt had decided not to go down for lunch or dinner today and had instead made them something to eat, which she appreciated. She wasn't sure if she could deal with more of anything.

He'd told her the big things she needed to do was meet his family and the Alpha of his pack. She felt intimidated by both. She reminded herself that she'd already met his father and his sister. She really liked Astrid, but Ragnar made her nervous.

She was scared to meet the Alpha. She knew nothing about Alphas except that apparently her father had been one and he hadn't been very nice. It made her nervous to meet Matt's Alpha.

But that wasn't happening today. Instead, she'd spent most of the day in Matt's bed, in his arms, trying not to think about anything. It was hard though. She was still overwhelmed by learning that she had two brothers. She was a triplet. How odd was that?

She thought back to her other conversation with Astrid. She had kind of forgotten about it, but she needed to think it all through too. She now knew what Mating and Marking were, sort of. She'd noticed that Finn had a mark and so did Emily. Liam had one too. She still didn't know how she felt about sinking her canines into Matt's neck. She felt a bit of an ache in her jaw and frowned. That was new.

Astrid had told her she needed to see a man naked. She'd also told her she needed to get Matt to touch her. She wasn't quite sure how to go about that without just asking him.

"Abby, I'm going to take a shower. Do you want to take one after me?" Matt suddenly asked her, interrupting her thoughts.

"Sure," she murmured.

"Okay. I gotta get up." He disentangled himself from her and then headed into the closet.

She got up and followed him inside, stopping in the doorway. He'd taken his shirt off, and she couldn't peel her eyes off of him.

He turned back and saw her. "Do you need something?"

"Um.." She had no idea if all men looked like Matt, but it didn't matter. She liked looking at him.

He eyed her. "Abby?"

"Yes, Matt?"

He smirked. "Do you need something?"

"I was going to put my clothes away," she admitted.

"And stare at me?" He asked her. She wasn't even blushing. She had no qualms about it at all.

"I've never seen a naked man," she said.

Matt just shook his head. He'd thought Astrid was blunt. Abby might be worse. Not that he minded. He didn't have to figure out what she wanted. She wouldn't be coy with him. She just told him straight out. It was kind of refreshing. "Are you wanting me to take my clothes off for you?"

"Yes," she said.

He chuckled. "Fine. I will. But you don't get to see me naked until after I shower, okay?"

Disappointment flashed across her face. "Fine."

He headed into the bathroom, deciding a cold shower was in order. The fact that he knew his mate was going to be inspecting him naked was kind of arousing. Well, no not kind of. It was plain down arousing. He bathed quickly and dried off, then wrapped the towel around his waist and walked back into the closet.