Chapter 58

Finn followed Dominic down the hall, dreading the meeting. He'd wanted it, but at the same time, he didn't. Every time he thought of his father any more, he thought of Perspehone.

She was the daughter of the Alpha of Sierra Nevada Pack and the woman he'd been promised to back right after her birth. An arranged mating that he'd wanted no part in. He and his twin brother had both been promised to her.

Sierra Nevada Pack was located in Southern California while Redwood had been located in Northern California. The two packs had been at war for years. The arranged mating would come with a peace deal.

But the problem was no contract was ever created and neither Liam nor Finn were agreeable to the mating. Neither one of them could stand Persephone. And then they both found their mates within a day of each other.

Liam had flat out refused to mate Persephone. His father had been furious and had kicked him out of the pack and turned him into a rogue. He's been denied his birthright as Alpha of Redwood.

Finn hadn't been sure if he would meet a similar fate as he had found his own mate and had no intention of mating Persephone as well. Her father had been furious and had chosen to attack Redwood. He'd wipe the entire pack out, just as effectively taking both Liam and Finn's birthrights from them. He's been executed by Liam at the command of the Alpha King.

Finn stopped when Dominic came to a stop. Abby was beside him Matt at her side and Liam next to Matt, her three protectors. His sister had also been denied her birthright as well. She too was an Alpha though she'd never known until recently. It hardly seem fair, and the man behind the door was the one responsible.

"Ready?" Dominic ask them.

"Ready as we're going to be for this," Liam said glancing at his brother and sister.

Dominic nodded and opened the door.

He'd been right. The room did smell like death. Cassius Anderson wasn't long for this world.

He lay on the bed, a shadow of the former Alpha, the powerful man he had once been. Finn was a little bit floored by what he saw now. But then he remembered Persephone and he no longer felt sorry for him.

Cassius turned his head and surprise lit his face as he saw all three of his children standing before him. "You came."

"We came for our sister," Liam told him.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "I'm sorry for disowning you and taking your birthright from all three of you."

"Do you know what kind of a monster you arranged for us to be mated to?" Finn couldn't help himself

"Persephone?"

"She was a horrible person," Liam told him.

"That doesn't even begin to cover it. She kidnapped me and my mate. She injected me with silver and almost killed me. She drugged me. She raped me and she marked me against my will," Finn shouted at him

Cassius stared at him in shock. "She what?"

"Finn is lucky to have survived that," Liam said. "He was on the verge of death."

Cassius's face fell at his son's words. "I had no idea that she was like that. Where is she now?"

"Dead. I executed her along with her father," Liam growled.

"And you're both with Regal Eclipse now?"

"Yes." It was all either one of them would offer.

Cassius nodded. "Then you're safe. Your mother is out there somewhere. She's still alive. I can feel it. Take care of her."