Chapter 23

Nick met them in the hallway outside of his apartment. "Ready?"

"Yup. Where's it at?" Aria asked him.

"Third floor," he said and they headed back to the elevator.

Ian wondered about that, her being down a floor, but didn't say anything. Aria didn't seem fazed by it.

"See? Meeting him wasn't so bad, was it?" Nick said when they were on the elevator, a half smile on his face.

Ian smiled himself. "No, he's not what I thought."

"Not at home. But when we leave, we're all different. It's the way it must be in this world," Nick said.

Ian could see that already in the short time he'd been here. This pack had a different feel.

He followed Aria and Nick off the elevator and down to the apartment. Nick unlocked the door and handed the keys to Aria. "You're going to have to get furniture."

"I figured," Aria said as she followed him in.

"There's at least a bed in the master bedroom," Nick told her.

"Is it used?" Aria asked, a look of disgust on her face.

Nick laughed. "No it's not."

"Thank you, Nick," Aria said.

"You're welcome. Need anything else?" He asked.

"No, I think we're good. Well, a moving truck for tomorrow, to get Ian's stuff," she said.

"That's already been arranged. After breakfast," Nick told her.

"You're efficient," Aria commented.

He shrugged. "It's just the way I think. I'm going home. You two have a good night." He turned and left the apartment.

"So is he going to be King?" Ian asked, watching the man leave.

"I don't know exactly how that's going to work. Technically, Noelle is the heir to the throne. She's the Alpha," Aria said.

"So she's more powerful than him?" Ian asked.

"Yes, but not by much. Nick's dad was my grandfather's Beta, so Nick is already extremely powerful. Then he mated Noelle. They're probably just about evenly matched, I'd imagine," Aria said thoughtfully.

Ian nodded slowly. "Well, let's go check our place out."

"Alright, though it's going to be the same layout as my parent's apartment. They all are," Aria giggled.

"All of them?" He was surprised by that. The pack leadership had extremely nice suites in the pack house at Columbia Pack, and everyone else had single rooms. Some got ensuite bathrooms, while others had a communal bathroom.

"Yup. But you didn't really get a tour, so come on," she said.

The place was much bigger than he thought it would be with four bedrooms and four bathrooms. But their bedroom was the best part of all. It was huge and had a fireplace and a King sized bed. The closet was huge and so was the bathroom. "This is nice."

"Yes, and it's all ours," Aria said, looking around.

Ian nodded.

"Is this all happening too fast for you?" Aria asked. She knew it was the norm for werewolves, but not for humans.

"No. I've been around werewolves way more than humans, so I don't really think twice about it. I'm more overwhelmed that I have a mate than anything I think. I never expected that to happen," he admitted.