Chapter 48

Daniel quickly linked Liam, Finn and Elijah about the meeting, trusting that the others would link who they needed to. He also sent a link to Aria. He wanted to get Ian inducted into the pack as quickly as possible. He didn't need anything else going wrong and he knew it would put Aria at ease. He then linked Mike to let him to know to get the plane ready.

He headed up to his apartment to let Jenna know what was going on next.

She met him at the door. "What happened?"

"Abby was kidnapped," Daniel told her.

"What? By who?" Jenna asked.

"Dominic Beckham," Daniel said. He stopped, and placed his hands on her arms. "I'm going to have to go after her, Jenna."

"I know you are, and I'd expect nothing less, Daniel," Jenna said softly as she cupped his cheek. "But one of these days, the women are going to go save the day while you men stay here and keep the home fires burning."

Daniel laughed as he pulled her into his arms. "I love you dearly."

"I love you too," she said as she pulled him down to her.

He kissed her deeply. "I'm going to pack a bag. I'm not going to leave without saying goodbye."

She nodded and he headed back to their room. He hadn't actually been anywhere since last year and a small part of him was excited to go, but the larger part of his heart would rather be here with his mate and his pups.

He headed back down to the meeting room and stepped inside, glad to see everyone gathered. His female leadership were all missing, but given they had all had pups over the last several months and Cora was very pregnant, that didn't surprise him.

His gaze settled on Matt, the one he was most concerned with. Matt looked calm on the outside, but Daniel could tell he wasn't. Matt was well trained by his father, but he knew his mind and his heart were a mess right now.

His gaze darted over to Liam and Finn next and he knew immediately that they were both aware that Abby was missing too. He could see the tension in their bodies as well. He quickly went over what had happened, with Ragnar's help.

"A what?" Noelle asked.

"Panther Shifter," Ragnar told her.

Her nose wrinkled. "How come I've never learned about these?"

"I didn't know about them either until today," Daniel said, shooting a glare at Caleb.

"Why would he want our sister?" Finn asked.

Daniel looked at him and could see the simmering anger. "We have no idea. But his plates said Oregon, and that's where we're headed."

"I have a feeling he wanted us to know who he was and where he's at," Ragnar spoke up.

"Which means he's very aware of us, even if we're not of him," Caleb said.

Daniel clenched his jaw. He didn't like to be blindsided by things. It annoyed him to no end that in over three hundred and seventy five years of life, his father, grandfather and his Beta had never felt the need to tell him there were other shifters out there. He also knew he needed to let it go. Staying pissed off at them would do him no good. What was done, was done.

"Is it Dominic Beckham?" Astrid suddenly spoke up.

Every eye in the place turned to her, though she didn't same fazed by it.

"Yes," Daniel answered. "You've met him?"

"Um yeah. I spoke to him quite a bit. He is definitely immortal. He's actually a really nice guy, or at least he was," Astrid said. "He was very close to Ranald."