𝟷𝟶: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚘 𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊? (Part 1)

3 days later...

Monday | 11:14 a.m.
May 18, 2020

Omniscient"Shorty

Omniscient
"Shorty..." Dymond knocked on the door as he stepped into the room. "I'm about to head out. I'll be right back. Before I go, do you need anything?" He asked Dianna. She'd been stuck at his place for the last 3 days now.

Dianna didn't know this man from a can of paint, and after what Montell had done to her after finding out her truth, she feared Dymond would finish her off if he found out. She'd tried sneaking away twice, but both times Dymond had caught her like a parent catching their teenager sneaking out of the house. Both times he made her get back into bed and she'd been silent all morning. She'd turned down breakfast and anything else Dymond had offered. She'd been in a funk not only because she felt like she was being held captive but also because there were a few things heavy on her mind.

"Still not talking?" Dymond questioned. Dianna sucked her teeth and folded her arms as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Anyway..." Dymond said, ignoring the childish behavior that he obviously didn't have time for. "I'm about to head out. I was gonna stop and get some food when I was done handling some business. Do you want anything?"

Dianna sucked her teeth again and exhaled.
"So, no? Got it." Dymond turned to leave. "I'll be back. Don't be up going through my shit." He told her.

"Before you go running off to handle some "business", can you drop me off? I need to get back home and back to my life. I really appreciate you helping me but I can't just lay—"

"What's the rush?" Dymond turned around. "I mean, shit, I thought I was being the perfect gentleman." He joked but the tone of his voice was serious as always.

"Just ready to get back to my life." Dianna shrugged before pulling herself up from the bed and carefully walking over to the window. Pushing the curtain back some, she stared out of it as she held her sore ribs. The weather was just like her mood— gloomy.

Dianna hadn't been in touch with her family for three days. She'd never gone this long without talking to her mother because they talked every day. Dymond hadn't deprived her of phoning her mother. He'd encouraged her to call home. Dianna just knew that if she called like normal and tried to pretend that everything was fine her mother and grandmother would hear in her voice that it wasn't. They'd want to see her, and if they saw her, they'd want to know what had happened to her. The swelling in her face had gone down a bit but she was still pretty banged up.

From across the room Dymond stared at the back of her head as he leaned up against the doorframe.

"I'm sure your folks are already looking for you shorty—"

"Dianna." Dianna corrected him. "Don't call me anything other than that."

It felt like that part of her had been stripped away from her after the attack Montell had unleashed on her. He'd savagely beat, strangled, and shot her as a way to show her that she wasn't a real woman.