Chapter 37: Backfired

Songs for this chapter:
ceilings - Lizzy McAlpine

Teeny bit of smut ahead, but it's a flashback soooo...

Flashback 2 - Draco's POV

My heart nearly stopped when I saw Elora on the train that next fall. I almost didn't trust myself to talk to her. I couldn't say anything about the war. She had been obliviated for her own protection. We had to do it. When things were more settled at Hogwarts, I dragged Snape back to the manor with me. I couldn't bring myself to take her memories away; my hands were far from steady enough after hours of fighting, so I made him do it. Part of me felt like I was getting some sort of revenge. In a sick and twisted way, this was my chance to win her back. Forcing him to obliterate himself from her memories was a fantastic idea on my part.

I knocked on the small door of her train car. She was staring out the window in some sort of trance. When she saw me, she smiled, and I could've melted right then and there. It was difficult to navigate the conversation normally; there were so many things I wanted to tell her. She was painfully distracted though, drifting off into daydreams or getting lost in her head. I wanted badly to see what was going on inside that beautiful mind of hers.

Back at the castle, we felt settled. I had to sneak a few warning looks and send a few kicks flying under the table to halt words that shouldn't be spoken to Elora. We all knew what had happened. I couldn't keep it a secret for long. Theodore hadn't returned to Hogwarts that year, and in turn he was eliminated from Elora's memory as well. That was the hardest part, pretending that one of my best friends never existed. Thankfully, Elora was far too distracted to notice anyone's slip ups. To my delight, the thing that finally got her attention was Pansy enlightening her on my answer to our stupid little game. I had confessed, albeit jokingly, that I would fuck Elora Townes. Everyone was hardly surprised, but Elora was sufficiently caught off guard. I would play this game if I meant I would win the prize. And play we did.

The lights were dim, the air was stuffy, and drinks were strong. Our annual back to school gathering was in full swing. If I was going to make a move on Elora, tonight was the night. She seemed interested, and with every move she drew herself closer and closer to me. When she asked me if my answer at dinner was truthful, I nearly spat out my drink. Elora had been bold, but never like this.

I pulled her from the abandoned classroom and raced down the hall. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face when I heard her giggles. I rounded a corner, truthfully having no idea where we were headed, when a familiar off-limits closet came into view. Perfect, I had thought. Snape's personal potions storage was a feared place among students. It was obviously off limits, but that only meant the chance of us being disturbed were smaller. With a flick of my wand I unlocked the door and dragged Elora inside.

"Draco we can't be in here! These are Snape's potions!" she had said. I had to stifle my smile at her words. She hadn't called him by his surname in almost a year. The loss of the informality felt like a small win.

I teased her in that closet, teased her the way we had always done before everything. I was demanding, wanting to hear her say that she wanted me. It felt so fucking good to hear those words drip off of her sweet lips. For once, I had Elora in the palm of my hand. I had her right where I wanted her. I moved slowly, savoring the way she squirmed impatiently for me. I let the zipper of her jeans drag down agonizingly slowly. I had missed her, missed the way she reacted to my touch. I was going to make this shit last.

My lips were devouring her neck when I finally let my fingers find her clit. It didn't take her long, the built up tension making her come undone quickly. Hearing her moan my name made me dizzy. This girl was fucking magic, and she hadn't even touched me yet.