*Chapter 68: It Comes in Threes

Songs for this chapter:
Only Angel - Harry Styles
eyes don't lie - Isabel LaRosa
Movement - Hozier

This chapter is  very long (hence the 3 songs) and is 99% smut. Warning for that and threesome content. There are also some very light dom/sub elements here. I have been waiting for the right time to fit this chapter in, and I feel like we finally got it.
If you choose to skip the smut, please still read the last 3 paragraphs. They are important to the plot and start of the next chapter.

Elora spent the next few days holed up in the library of the manor, digging through countless pages of dark magic books. There were so many things she wanted to understand; blood rituals, runes, ancient magic, Horcruxes. She searched for any pieces of information she could find on the subjects, anything she could to try to understand her inevitable fate.

But Elora was grasping at straws. Horcrux research was extremely limited, and nothing could undo the blood ritual Lucius had performed with Draco. She couldn't reverse the effects of the dark magic weaved into her soul.

When she finally retired one night, the amount of research she had done had made her feel borderline insane, stretched thin and weary by the amount of knowledge she had tucked away in such a short amount of time. Her eyes were tired and her mind unsteady. She sat in one of the armchairs before the fireplace in her room, heels discarded next to her as she mindlessly toyed with the sparks flying gently out of her wand. She watched the golden strings of her magic dance around the room before disappearing into nothing.

Elora kept up her light show of sparks even as the door opened. She didn't have to look; Severus was the only one who didn't knock. As his figure made its way into the corner of her eye, she gave a small flick of her wand, sending the glittering strings of her spell at him as she continued staring into the void of the crackling fire before her.

His chuckle broke her from her trance of the flickering orange flames. It was a low rumble, barely audible. Elora questioned if she had truly gone mad. Severus rarely smiled, much less laughed.

She gazed at him, noting the way his mouth pulled into a small smirk. She repeated her actions, sending a trail of golden sparks right at his chest. When they disappeared into him, the same low laugh escaped him.

Elora was dumbfounded. She tested her theory again and again, shooting an army of tiny sparks at him until tears began to prod his eyes from laughter.

"Enough, Elora. Enough!" He pleaded through breathless laughter.

"What's gotten into you, Severus? Laughing? Surely the Dark Lord has finally succeeded in taking away all of your sanity," Elora teased. She provided him with a bit of mercy, stopping the relentless flicks of her wand. He doubled over with his hands on his knees, thankful for the bit of respite from her torture. He fought to catch his breath as he wiped away the tears pricking the corners of his eyes.

"Darling, you are the one who has taken all of my sanity," he replied after a few minutes.

She scoffed at him teasingly. "Surely not! Sweet little me, Elora Townes? I am innocent, Severus!" She said dramatically.

"You, little Elora Townes, are far from innocent," he replied.

The atmosphere immediately shifted at his words. Elora swore she detected a twinge of lust in his tone. Her suspicions were confirmed when he looked at her. The once light and happy expression was gone, instead replaced by a dark look of desire.

"Or am I mistaken?" Severus continued. "Were you not the one bent over that sink in my classroom wearing those damn shorts that left nothing to the imagination? Was it not you who sat on my desk during an Occlumency lesson, shirt undone with my fingers buried deep inside of you?"