Chapter 45: A Startling Confession

This is the longest chapter yet, so again we get 2 songs.

Songs for this chapter:
Me and the Devil - Soap&Skin
Therefore I Am - Billie Eilish

TW for scenes of violence and torture.

Voldemort wasted no time. As soon as he had commanded it, the war had begun. The first attack on the remaining pieces of the Order of the Phoenix had already been planned, and Draco was responsible for its success. He was an excellent strategist and was one of the few Death Eaters who had the pleasure of knowing the inner workings of the Dark Lord's twisted mind. He knew exactly what Voldemort had wanted without even having to ask. At his point, Draco was far from new at this. He had worked hard to prove himself as he climbed the ranks alongside Elora and Theordore.

The Dark Lord needed the new and fresh ideas that their young minds brought. If they were going to do this again, it had to be done right. Many of the older Death Eaters had excised the same stale strategies, and had proven to be out of effective proposals. The experiences that Elora, Theodore, Draco and the other younger members had during the war made them even more lethal. They had lost a lot during their sacrifices to the dark side, friends, time at school, their youth. And yet still, they fought. They had a thirst to quench, a vengeance to uphold. The sadistic ways of their broken minds made them excellent weapons in Voldemort's army.

The only problem with selling a person's soul is that they were left without one. Power came with a price, and they paid with blood.

Elora now stayed exclusively at the manor with the Malfoys and Theodore, occasionally spending a night or two at Spinner's End with Severus. Hogwarts barely had time to rebuild before Voldemort launched his attacks. Many parts of the castle were still in ruins by the time Elora had abandoned her studies. The once grand and thriving castle now sat, half destroyed and empty.

The power among the ranks was buzzing. They were soaring high during the war, eliminating traitors and enemies left and right while gaining support and followers daily. Muggle cities had been destroyed and the Order was crumbling. But their success was not without sacrifice. They had lost many loyal supporters during battles and raids, but that was simply the price of war. Voldemort had a lot he could spend.

Elora grew more secure in herself as she utilized her specialties. She was dedicated to the cause and a quick learner as she was thrust into a handful missions outside of the manor's dungeon. She was a ruthless fighter, fearless and deadly. She craved the adrenaline of the war; it made her feel alive. While Voldemort was more than impressed with her stamina on the battlefield, he barely enlisted her for such endeavors. Her skills were far too valuable for her blood to be shed during a fight.

Draco and Theodore didn't share the same fate as Elora. They were some among the Dark Lord's most trusted soldiers. Draco's brains and knack for meticulous planning made him a perfect general among the ranks. He planned and executed countless raids and attacks on the Order. Theodore tailored his torturous skills to the battlefield. He was a true fighter, and it didn't take much for him to unleash his power. They usually came home bloody and tired. Elora did her best to clean them up after every battle, using her training from the previous war to assess and treat any wounds they had suffered. No matter how exhausted they may have been, they always perked up at the sight of Elora. They would spend hours discussing the details of their adventures. Anyone that crossed the pair usually met an unforgiving fate.

Severus and Lucius were Voldemort's confidants. They helped to strategize and get information. Severus continued to act as a double agent against the Order while Lucius brought countless traitors into Elora's hands. They had earned the right to stay out of battle, their skills more useful as they whispered affirming loyalties into Voldemort's ears. The dark was winning, and it wouldn't take long for the Dark Lord's reign to be felt across Europe as they eliminated every single remaining member of the resistance.