CHAPTER FIVE

HPOV
It wasn't enough that she was quiet on me,storm went completely off the grid. I mean, I understood the fact that we never talked that regularly but I expected her to do something about me not wanting to accept that she was having my baby just like that. I sighed out of frustration just at the thought. Why wasn't she calling.
"I don't understand why everyone even cares.." Yara began, throwing her phone away on the couch behind her.
"She's not the first person to take a little break from social media.." she added. This girl said 'little' like it wasn't going to be a whole year.
"Yes well, storm is one of the most influential people in the world..." I pointed out.
"It's not a suprise that she's getting so much attention" I stated.
"And that's what's wrong with people.. first it was the college thing,then the  Emmy..like bitch, I have two of those" Yara repelled.
"And now this shit..which she wouldn't be on if it weren't for us" she had to remind me and I looked up to the ceiling so she wouldn't see how disappointed in my self I actually was.
"Ok.. so now that she's offline, there's no need to do all that posting about what happened at the party" I needed to clarify.
" What do you mean...those posts aren't for her but for everyone who thought she was better than she thinks she is" Yara replied.
"Her and Zendaya are always seen as the good girls no drama but.." she began but I stopped her mid sentence.
"Wait so,if this is about Zendaya then why is storm in the middle of it" I asked  her ,a little defensively and she had to stand back .
"Oh God..I almost thought you were like, defending her.." she said,away from the point.
"Tell me why she's in this mess when your problem is with Zendaya " I demanded. I just needed it to make sense. There was a 90% chance , I had changed her life and not even close in the positive way.
"Ok wow.. would you relax...you weren't all death sentence on me before.." Yara declined.
" And now you're coming at me for ..what..that bitch and.." she couldn't express fully because I almost laid my hands on her but ended up hitting the wall behind her. Yara was scared. Her entire body crawled just at the mare thought of it.
" You can leave now, Yara " I said, trying to reminisce what almost happened. I'd never do that to a woman under any circumstances and I almost did ... something was wrong.
"Harry..I .." Yara wanted to say
"I said leave, " I repeated and this time ,my voice was more amplified. I wasn't going to hurt anyone so I had to make sure of that. She had to leave forever and I think she knew that the minute I had asked her to. Because she stepped back a little bit more further and wiped a tear. I hated when she cried but I just had to see her cry. There was no other way.
"Fine...I will..I'm leaving " Yara responded, almost crying as she slowly turned around.
"It's not your fault that we can't do this.. couldn't do this" I tried to state.
"No but it is my fault you almost hit me and couldn't control it..am I right?" Yara asked.

She was a smart girl, even when it wasn't good for her most of the time

She was a smart girl, even when it wasn't good for her most of the time. That feature,she shared with Storm and Zendaya. It was even weird that she hated them, really.
" Yara..." I called and she faced me.
"It's fine , harry..trust that I get it" Yara interrupted.
"You're extra mad that I'm hurting her without a reason" she stated.  I think extra mad wasn't enough, really.
"If you could tell me why.." I began.
"Why..you never needed to know why before " she responded and that was where she and I couldn't find each other. The answer to my question which she did not have ,was never meant to be asked by someone like me. Someone who had already participated without question ,in hurting Storm.
"Something's changed that, Harry... something's changed you" she concluded.
"Yara that's not.." I sighed.
"What ..not true..? " Yara asked.
"You literally almost hit me .. like on a real note ,not fucking playing, fucked me up" she expressed , mostly in disbelief.
"I'm sorry.." I shook my head while running my hands through my curls. Something had definitely changed. The need to fight for her had switched to fighting..her.
"No hear me out,I'm leaving but listen..." Yara raised her hand in surrender.
"Whatever it is that's changed you..just pray it's good enough or even better than me to keep you that way "  she said, picked up her phone and left my house. I didn't even understand why I did it. Get upset and break up with her in the process. How was I supposed to pray for something I was not sure existed?