CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

HPOV
I was in Phoenix by the time she called, informing me that her meeting with sayeed was done and that she and Hartley were now home, awaiting my arrival.
"Oh my God, Hartley..calm down" I heard her plea. The sound of my daughter's crying was almost loud enough to drown her words.
"She wants to talk to you" storm said, giving her the phone.
"Hey,my love ..." I smiled . Her teary little brown eyes paused after seeing me on the screen.
"Dadaaaa.." she screamed, crying again.
"No , Hartley" storm warned in the back ground as Hartley's face got closer until the only thing I saw was her big teary eye and then her mouth.
"Daaaddaaa.." I heard her cry even more.
"I know you want daddda but you won't see if you don't spit that out" storm said, firmly. A little light began to show finally but Hartley's slubber was still all over my screen, making everything look blurry.
"Dada?" She called and pulled the phone forward again. She could see way better than I could bur I think storm caught up with that because a red cloth swiped it's way over my point of view.
"Ahhhh no ..dada on" Hartley cried.
"No , I'm just cleaning it so he can see you" storm assured , resting the phone back in her hands.
"Ahh that's better, isn't it,your highness.." I said and Hartley squealed, clapping her arms together but dropping the phone on the floor in the process. Storm picked it up and gave it back to her.
"I youuuuu..." Hartley said.
"I love you too, Hartley..." I told her as she coated her right arm with saliva.
"I promise, I'll be home before lunch .. tomorrow" I said.
"Owwwo.." she repeated and I laughed, running my hands through my hair. What impressed me the most about her was that she could understand us just as well as we could understand her. She just couldn't articulate the best consonants in a certain word or sound out more than two syllables.
"Did Mommy see the nice guy , today.." I asked and she responded with a node.
"Did you like him.." I asked. Hartley furrowed her eyebrows, making a little sad face then shaking her curls red head repeatedly.
"Kk she ahhh... didn't like that we took long" storm hinted in the back ground.
"What happened,my love" I asked. Something definitely did for Hartley to even rate it as bad. She bearly knew her right from her left.
"It got a little uncomfortable at most points of the conversation.." storm responded.
"Uncomfortable.." I said.
"He started asking if we could still be " she started.
"And you said.." I asked.
"That we can't.. even if Yara kinda played him through it" she replied.
"Yara never played me through anything but you still gave me a chance" I reminded her and I could hear her sniffle. She was crying.
"It's different with you" she said in a small pine sob.
"Hartley,give mommy the phone" I breathed and Hartley obeyed without a wince or tantrum. She weirdly never argued with me and if she needed to she'd still listen then fold herself in a small private tantrum.
"How is it different with me" I asked, finally viewing Storm's teary face. She looked like Hartley when she cried,her little eye brows squinted a little just like hers.
"Because you actually found me when I thought only Tom and Zendaya could.." she replied.
" He just left . Yara didn't even have to trick him into kissing someone else,he decided that I wasn't..." She shook her head, trying to hold back

" She shook her head, trying to hold back

her tears . I hated that she was hurting but she was right.
"Owwyyyy mummmy..owwy" I heard Harley apologize to her then her little image stood up and leaned on Storm.
"Woah.. Hartley.." I expressed in awe.
"She started standing yesterday.. she's been going at it for hours now" Storm smiled while playing with her curls, the baby.
" Oh woah..just for that..I'm gonna be there today,how's that" I said.
"Yeahhhhyyy.." storm cheered, helping Hartley clap her hands.
"Day..." Hartley smiled.
"Careful.." storm warned me. Promises were supposed to be taken seriously starting from Hartley's mind set. It began from here for everyone with trust issues and everyone without.
"Yes.. Hartley.. today." I assured.
"Can't wait for you to get home" storm said,her sentence coming through a little too dependant. She also needed me. Probably even more.
"I'll be there,my love...I promise" I said, speaking to her.
"Bye Hartley" I waved.
"Say byeeeeeeee.." storm cooed.
"Eyyeeeee.." Hartley repeated before cutting the call herself. I doubt she even knew that she cut it. She usually cried when the caller or receiver of the call did that . Something about seeing them leave out of nowhere.