CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

HPOV
I knew she was the one when I looked at her and there was no one else I needed to see. I knew she was the one because she had that bright fire in her eyes. The warm sunny feeling she left with every stare into my direction. It

wasn't that hard to put the pieces together when it all came down to it ofcourse

wasn't that hard to put the pieces together when it all came down to it ofcourse. Storm was always going to be the one I had to collide with and the party we both showed up to had to be where we collide.
"So you and Tom put together this little...what is this" she began to guess, running her hands through the flowery table.
"An engagement party but shhhh... Zendaya doesn't know " I whispered into her ear and she giggled, sending that warm feeling down my chill spine once again.
"That's sweet..." She smiled, looking at my big brother run up and about all over the place in hopes that he'd make it more beautiful than it already was.
"Just pray paddy doesn't ruin it on their way here." She added as I placed a kiss on her cheek , letting go of her now.
"I'll set a date at the church for that" I joked .
"Where you going...my louuuf" she sounded off again.
"That's for me to know.. because you can't pronounce it the way I do" I replied.
"No ,please.. don't leave..it's fucking O " she expressed while shivering. I knew she needed me close.

The London weather drove us closer than ever this way

The London weather drove us closer than ever this way. It was one of the many reasons I opted to move out there. But because work was usually scheduled in the US ,I knew that wasn't possible. Especially for my love.
"I know and I will be right back..." I gave her my word, leaving another kiss on her lips. I watched her smile as I backed up further into the house. She looked at me , which I knew she still would have been if Tom hadn't gotten her attention.
"You still have time to make a run for it" someone said and without looking behind me, ofcourse I knew who it was.
"Thanks for getting them here safely, Yara" I expressed with gratitude towards her as I kept my focus on the Reid and Coleman family making their way into our living room.
"It's not even enough of what I could do...for..well , you know" she said,a bit lowly but then her face lit up just like I remember it would.
"Don't think about that ..I gotta go meet them" I told her.
"Good luck ... I'll go make chit chat with storm.. distract her" Yara said, heading outside.
"Does she know we're here..." Storm's mother asked , approaching me along with her dad ,sister and brother.
" She's not supposed to but knowing storm.." I traield, giving Iman a hang shake then greeting his dad respectfully.
"Hey guys...what are ...oh my God..I didn't expect any of you to be here" Zendaya said , coming from upstairs.
"Yeah..it was a surprise... surprise for storm" I stalled.
"Oh my God.. storm's coming " Paris alerted. I looked outside and she was right.
"Ahh .... We'll hide out in the kitchen" Mrs Reid began, reading my mind.
"Hide out?... guys wait" Zendaya called,still confused.
"What are you looking at" my love asked her as she stepped in, closing the glass door behind her.
I gave a sign to Zendaya, telling her to not say anything. Thankfully,she understood.
"Tom says everything's ready..she can come out now," storm whispered and I gave her a node.
"Ahhh Zendaya..why dont you step outside, there's something I'd like to discuss with storm" I said on a serious note, gaining Zendaya's attention away from the kitchen door that was now closed.
"Oh God...you called her name..is everything ok" she asked.
"I promise to fill you in after ..." Storm smiled, guesturing her out of the room and outside, closing the door , finally. I took a deep breath...this was it.
"That was great acting..I actually believed you had something to tell me" she informed me. Her undivided attention was all the more consuming when she was excited. It was like she could sense the familiarity in the air, What was about to happen and how beautiful it had all come together thanks to her.
"Kk yes.. actually" I hinted, facing her back to the kitchen door so she wouldn't see her family open it and make their way in the living room again.
"Why you acting funny?" She asked ,now a bit ticked off. It took storm exactly 0.13 seconds to get from smiling to 'murder you' upset. So I knew it had to take less than that to get on my knees and pull out a ring.
"Oh Harry...oh God,ok wow" she started, taking a few steps back with her hands on her mouth.
"I'm ready to..to spend forever with you..I mean.. you're not ready ..I understand " I stuttered like a complete idiot. She hung her head down as if trying to analyze. It all seemed too much but with one gase into my eyes she ran back into my arms... connecting her soft tender lips with mine.
" I love you " she cried.
"Duhhh ..look at me..I'm adorable" I mimicked her the best way I could, bragging through it all.
"Can I put the ring on your finger or ...we could just wait.." I hesitated.
"Oh yeah..the ring..ummm yeah.." she replied,sure of her response.
"Oh okay.." I said, putting it back.
"What the fûck is you doing " she expressed,almost angrily.
"I thought you..said.." I said, timidly.
"I swear to God,if you just.." storm threatened to slap me then stretched that same hand for me to slip the ring on.
" You know you still have to say it" I whispered.
"You still have to ask me..." She replaced and I sighed deeply.
".. maybe forever is too long" I joked, pretending to make a wild guess.
"You want me to cut it short " she said calmly with a smile on her face. Hostile. Brilliant,I'd be dead by lunch time.

"Will you marry me, storm Reid " I asked, within the silence

"Will you marry me, storm Reid " I asked, within the silence. A tear rolled out of her eye and I wipped it after placing a light kiss.
"Yes...I will marry you, Harry Robert Holland " she said,her voice breaking into cries.
"Kk she said yes.." someone giggled in the kitchen. Storm stood up,like she had recognized something.
"No you didn't" she looked back at me . I urged her to help me up then pulled her back down in the process.
"Wanna bet" I whispered, pointing behind her.
"I can't believe you said..yes.. before meeee..." Her sister Paris squealed, running walking towards us. Storm got up to meet her and the two embraced each other. I realized then that storm rarely caught sight of her family,now. Especially after the whole busy schedule with work and then Hartley.
" I can't believe you're here...you're all here " she struggled to let out the few words in her mouth in a small pine tone. She was crying openly now.
"Get up ,son.. you're marrying the cry baby " her Dad said, helping me up.
"Thank you sir." I expressed, getting on my feet.
"So Zendaya's engagement party " storm asked, reconnecting my hands to hers.
"Still is...it was just yours as well " I replied while pulling her closer to me.
"Kk you are sick" she cried then I kissed her with the lightest touch of passion just so she'd know,I wasn't done with her just yet.
"If only you knew " I said, feeling a tear escape my eyes at the sight of her happiness.
"I love you " I told her.
"I love you too..more than..than.." I began to search for the words that I knew that she knew were just at the tip of my tongue.
"Please don't say 'one night stand ' in front of my mom and dad " she begged and I laughed.
"Fine.. I'll say it later then..when we're alone" I whispered then kissed her again.