CHAPTER NINE

HPOV

My world was coming at a complete stop everytime I'd get closer. Her humming would get louder until finally, there she was. Tom had told me where and who I was going meet but with all the time I had to prepare on the way,I just didn't seem ready enough.
"He's here ,bug.." my brother called out and her soft brown, almost black eyes looked up at me and stayed that way before letting out a little wince.
"Are ..are you.." I stuttered.
"I'll handle this.." Tom said, walking ahead of me and going into the kitchen were she stood with her hand on her belly. She smiled softly at him then shook her head .
"Just another kick kk" she laughed a bit. Tom smiled back, standing back at ease to face her as I also got closer to conversate.
"I'll ahhh...leave you two but just for ten minutes " he said and on his way out ,he bumped into me . But I didn't pay him that much attention before blazing my eyes back at the girl infront of me. Her hair falling down Freely behind her.
"Come ...sit.." she offered, giving way to Tom's little dinning in the kitchen. My legs could only get me so far until she ashered me in a chair close to her and I sat right after her.
" So, Tom me you guys fought..." She finalized. Brilliant. I wondered what else he told her. My brother was upset quiet alright but I still begged him to not tell storm and or Zendaya about what actually happened that night.
"Oh yeah but .." I found myself stalling.
" Don't worry..I actually called you here to apologize on his behalf.." storm started out and I immediately shook my head.
"I promise..I told him that the baby couldn't be yours and that you have every right to keep it that way" she went on. I felt like the more she spoke,the more my world was breaking.
"Well, I.." I sounded out but she winced and held her stomach. She looked atleast five months pregnant in my eyes but her beauty still glimmered through her perfectly mantained brown skin and thick body texture.
" it's ... she's been kicking but not like this.." she told me.
"She??" I asked and she gave me a node before expressing pain again.
" It's like everytime you talk ,she.." she traced and I bent my head sideways, trying to understand and she laughed a little.
" Can I .." I said, stretching my hand out to her and she took it , placing it above the healthily developing baby.
My skin crawled with all it's nerves as I felt her stomach shift a little and she winced again,this time with more pain.
"Kkk ouch... someone's a little excited today" she laughed through it all. Incredible.
"Yeah ..well..so am I.." I said, looking at it ,her stomach.
"I read somewhere that she can hear me.." I questioned tagged.
"Louder than the person next to you" she replied. I sighed . My heart almost poured out of my chest . The person I was about speak to did not have to hear me but she did anyway.
"Hey..." I greeted then placed both of my hands on her belly when it moved a little. Amazing.
" Hey,I'm a little excited too..sorry I took so long to get here " I apologized to the baby.
"Kk ouch.." storm winced.
"Dad was just  too stupid to comprehend your existence fast enough" I said, feeling a tear roll out my eyes.
"Ouch shhh.. Dad?" I heard the girl carrying her relive the pain and asked swiftly in a small crying tone . I looked up her while keeping my hands on her belly.
"I don't need any other proof that she's mine..and if she's not,I don't need to know that either" I told her, putting out my hand to wipe her tears.
"What about Yara... she's not gonna like this" storm cried.
"She doesn't have to, because I broke up with her a week ago" I assured her.
"But it was for a whole different reason, I promise" I said, seeing her sad little face relax again.
"A reason that has nothing to do with me or my baby?" She asked then looked at her belly. I placed her hand above mine and she smiled.
"Our baby.." I corrected.
"And I promised I'll tell you about why I broke up  with Yara when ... I'm ready" I said.
"I get that ...take as long as you want ..break ups are hard" storm agreed .
"Kk take it from someone who is still dealing with one " she giggled a little. How she managed to smile and laugh despite everything Yara and I had put her through,was quiet a mystery. According to my ex, storm wasn't supposed to be able to look at herself in the mirror once we were done. I feel awful now, ofcourse. But I was still suprised and motivated. Maybe I could see some good in me too. Try to forgive myself before anything else.