𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝚂𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚝

FLASHBACK ~ ONE MONTH AGO

3RD P.O.V.

"Come on, Kaminari," Mina drawls to her friend from the customer side of the bar. "She's pretty cute. And besides, you need to get a girlfriend, or else that stupid look on your face every time Uraraka gets hit on is never going to go away!"

Kaminari shakes his head as he starts to make her regular drink. "I haven't had a girlfriend in so long, Mina. I wouldn't even know where to start."

"Well, if you don't want to start with a rando, then ask Uraraka out," she shrugs. "You've been pining after her for so long, just go and see."

"I mean she is cute, but I don't know about that," he sighs, passing her the drink. "I doubt she'd say yes."

"Only one way to find out," she smiles as she puts the straw to her lips.

"Fine," he groans, looking around the bar. There are a few women in the building, but most are too old or just not his type. "You know, I can't tell if you're just being pushy 'cause you want me to leave the bar open or what, but I'll do it."

Mina's smile only widens as she watches him jump over the counter and leave his station.

As Kaminari makes his way towards the front of the stage, his mind begins to run wild. Meanwhile, his friend reaches her hand under the bar and steals a bottle of tequila. She knows she won't be able to hear what Kaminari says to her, but she will be able to see his body language.

She watches from her spot, ready to cheer or throw a shoe at him if the need arises. And when he returns with his shoulders nearly glued to his ears, she gives him a confused expression. "What happened?" she mouths.

"Uh, it didn't work," he mumbles.

"What does that mean?" Mina sighs as he sits beside her and steals back the bottle of tequila. She then watches and waits patiently as he takes a long sip before returning it.

"I couldn't do it."

Mina lets out a long, frustrated breath. "You're hopeless, man. But I'm not going to give up on you," she declares.

"Thanks," he laughs sarcastically.

"No, seriously," she says, nudging his arm with her elbow. "We'll find you someone. Just wait."

"Whatever you say," he smiles, although he doesn't believe her.

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

PRESENT DAY

When Kaminari had seen Y/N at first in the bar, he thought she was gorgeous. But as the night went on, and she followed him into the alleyway, he realized there was a lot more to her than meets the eye. She was dangerous, but he loved pinning her against that wall.

And even now, as she falls into a deep sleep in the bunk across the room, he still can't take his eyes off of her.

"So what are you going to do about her?" a voice interrupts his thoughts. He blinks his eyes until he can focus on the woman before him.

"Oh, Uraraka, sorry I was just," he gulps, not sure how to lie his way out of this one. "I guess I just want to see if there's anything I can do to help, I guess."

"Yeah," she nods. "I was thinking the same. Maybe this is some kind of sign like we're supposed to be starting something now, just like the fourth is doing."

"That would be good for us," he nods in agreement. "But I have no idea how to do that."

"Then perhaps you should go with her," she shrugs, looking back in the direction where she had previously seen me staring. "I bet she could help and she shouldn't go out there all alone."

"She's got her friend," she shrugs, trying to play it off.

"Well, just between us, I heard she'd rather stay here instead," she whispers this time. "Both of them have really been through a lot already."

"If I left, what would you-"

"I'd start doing what we all talked about when you first opened this place," she reminds him. "We'll go out and recruit. That way, when you get back, we'll be ready to give some support to the fourth in whatever they're planning."

Kaminari can't help but smile. "You've really got this all figured out, huh?"

"Of course, you just have to trust us," she grins. "I know it'll be hard to leave the bar, but it's important. We've all been talking about it."

Kaminari looks over to where Mina and Sen are arguing about god-only knows what this time. "And who says I even want to go out and risk my life for some random quell," he gulps. "Why can't Sen go? She likes him better."

Uraraka chuckles softly as she shakes her head in response. "Because if he goes, then that's one less person here."

"So, I'm the first choice," he frowns.

"Yes, Kaminari," she giggles, patting his shoulder. "I'm afraid you are."

Kaminari shakes his head as he sinks down to the floor and grabs a nearby blanket. He leans his head against the wall behind him and lets out a breath. If he's going to be making this ridiculously long journey, he'd wish he could at least get a good night's sleep. However, unfortunately, there's a girl sleeping in his bunk which makes his wish unattainable. He wishes she had never come into his bar in the first place.

He knows the others are right. He wants to help those in need, but he also isn't a fan of putting his own life in danger. Especially not when he's the owner of the most popular comedy club in the entire faction.

And yet, his heart tells him otherwise.

Kaminari doesn't really understand it, but he has a soft spot for Y/N for some reason. Most likely, it's because she is a quell and Uraraka was right- it's a dangerous journey for someone without a quirk.

He can't help but admire her dedication to getting revenge, too. It's been a while since he's seen such a fire in someone's eyes, especially when they have so little.

"Shit," he groans as he straightens his legs out and covers his face with his hands.

He can't just let her go. Not by herself.

"I'm so fucked."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you're all having a good week so far! Ik this chapter is a bit short, but I hope you are still enjoying it. <3