𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹: 𝙽𝚘𝚛'𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛

After a few minutes of looking for Kirishima, your group splits up to cover more ground. But before you go, Kaminari pulls you aside.

"Do you still have the bluetooth from Mei?" he asks gently.

"Yeah," you nod, reaching into your bag. "Do you?"

"Yes. I think we should wear them just in case something happens, okay? To be honest, I don't really like the idea of splitting up but I've got no idea where that slippery little red-headed jerk went and this might be, unfortunately, the best idea."

You smile at his rambling as you place the bluetooth in your ear. "If anything happens, I'll call, okay?"

"Just promise me you'll keep it on, okay?"

"I will. See you later, Kaminari," you wave before walking off.

After disappearing from Kaminari's view, you reach into your backpack and grab the grappling hook you got from Mei. Then, after looking around and making sure you haven't drawn any attention, you aim up at the roof of the nearest building.

You shoot the grappling hook, watching as it grabs onto the top of the building. You tug on the wire, making sure it's secure, and then begin to climb up. You reach the top and swing yourself up onto the rooftop, where you can get a better view of the festival.

Looking around, you can really see just how horrifying the whole festival is. The formerly quirkless prisoners are poked and laughed at like circus animals, their cages small and cramped. Meanwhile, others are forced to engage in various tests of strength. And in your opinion, the worst is the boxing matches. They have no idea how to fight, especially not those from the second and third who dedicate their whole lives to these sorts of things.

Nearby, you spot Kaminari reaching for more food from a booth, not realizing all of the horrible things going on around him. You know he can't see the cages from where he's standing or the way the quirkless are being treated, but still, you wonder how he can be so carefree. Almost like a spell being cast from the delicious food and beautiful city.

Suddenly, a loud noise comes from beside you and you turn to see the dark shadow of a figure approaching you. You stand to your feet quickly, your heart beating fast in your chest, until you get a good look at the person.

"Sero," you sigh as you crouch back down. "You scared me."

"What're you doing up here?" he asks as he approaches and sits down beside you. "Where's the rest of your group."

"We couldn't find Kirishima so we decided to split up a bit. We're all in the same area but we can't seem to find him," you shrug.

"At least you've got a good view from up here," Sero chuckles, nudging you in the side. "Though I've got to admit, my view is even better."

You look up and notice Sero is smiling back at you. It's the first time you've gotten a good look at him all day. And it's the first time in a long while that you've gotten the chance to talk to him alone. You open your mouth to say something, though you're not really sure what, but before you can, Sero interrupts.

"Y/N," he whispers, grabbing your hands. "I've got to tell you something."

"W-what is it?" you ask, his tone sending shivers down your spine.

"I..." he sighs, "I know you and Kaminari have some unresolved feelings but... Well, I just wanted to let you know that I really like you. I mean, I have for a long time and I was hoping maybe... Well, we could see where things go from here."

If he had brought this up to you yesterday, you probably would have immediately given in. But after today, after spending time with Kaminari at the festival and seeing how much he still means to you, you aren't sure what to think.