𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻: 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗

As the two of you begin walking away from the lake and into the nearby forest, you hear footsteps coming from an unseeable distance. "Is that...?" you mutter, your gaze shifting around the trees.

"Hide!" Kaminari whispers, pushing you behind a tree.

You crouch down beside him, pressing your back against the tree trunk as the footsteps grow closer. He shoves his palm against your mouth, causing your eyes to widen. Did he see something you didn't? What's out there?

A moment later, you hear sniffing. An animal? You gulp as you stare into Kaminari's eyes, his expression telling you he's just as shocked as you are.

"Who's out there?!" a strange voice then calls out. Footsteps draw nearer, crunching the fallen leaves underfoot, but still, the person remains hidden.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" the voice chuckles. "Don't worry, I don't bite! I can smell you, pretty girl!"

"Oh, what the fuck," Kaminari's voice grumbles darkly in your ear. He then pulls back and puts his finger to his lips before gesturing towards the bushes to his left. You nod as he slowly gets up, then crawls over, being sure not to make a sound.

The footsteps stop abruptly, making you freeze in place. A hand grips your wrist and you're yanked in the opposite direction, your arm nearly ripping from its socket. Your head turns back and your eyes meet a stranger's, the man's wide, bloodshot pupils staring at you.

You let out a scream as a purple-haired stranger grins from ear to ear, his grip tightening. Before he has the chance to pull you any farther, a white rope is wrapped around his stomach and he's violently thrown backward, his grip releasing you.

Kaminari immediately runs over and grabs you, pulling you away. The stranger rips the strange rope apart, a wicked grin still on his face. He licks his lips as he watches you and Kaminari closely.

"Are you okay?" Kaminari asks, spinning you around to face him.

"I'm fine," you huff. "Someone else is here."

Just then, the same white rope wraps around Kaminari and pulls him into the forest. You scream his name and, while avoiding the grinning creep chasing you, rush towards the direction Kaminari was taken.

"Hey!" the purple-haired stranger snaps, running after you. "Where do you think you're going?! Get back here!"

You ignore his yelling as you run through the bushes, searching for your partner. After a few minutes, you arrive at a house in the middle of nowhere and stop dead in your tracks. The house looks like something straight out of a horror movie and you begin wondering what the hell you just got yourself into.

"Where did you come from, pretty girl?" the short man asks from behind you as he draws closer. "Why are you here?"

Now that you've backed yourself into a corner with nowhere to run, you simply turn and face him head-on. With your heart beating out of your chest, you watch as he grabs one of the purple balls from his head and throws it at your foot. You gasp and try to pick up your foot, but it's stuck to the ground.

"You're not going anywhere. Now, answer my question!"

Just then, the door to the house behind you bursts open and a black-haired man walks out. "What the fuck are you doing? I really dragged that guy all the way out here thinking it was your perverted-ass and somehow, I'm surprised you've managed to drag this poor girl out here."

"I wasn't the one who kidnapped her boyfriend! The chick was chasing you!"

"Kidnapped? Didn't you hear what I said?" the man grumbles, walking up to his friend. "I let him go two minutes ago!"

You gasp, causing their attention to turn back to you. "Let her go, Mineta," the black-haired groans as he walks over to you.

"Doesn't seem like you want me to," Mineta smirks as the other man stands right in front of you, gazing into your eyes.

"What'd you say to him?" he then asks you directly.

"Nothing," you shake your head. "I don't know anything."

"You don't know who that girl is?" he then turns around to face Mineta.

"No, Sero, I don't," Mineta rolls his eyes. "Why does it matter? She's pretty so I wanted to get to know her better, okay?"

"Huh," Sero hums. "Her friend told me everything after I dragged him here by mistake. He thought I was going to kill him or something, I guess."

You deadpan at Sero's words. Of course, Kaminari spilled everything. But, if that is true, why would Sero still let him go? What's going on?

"Y/N!" you then hear his familiar voice call out. He rushes towards the three of you from the woods, out of breath.

"Hey, you came back!" Sero smiles at him. "Good timing, I was just starting to really put together everything you had told me."

Your eyes narrow at Kaminari and he chuckles awkwardly while mouthing an apology.

"What's the big deal? Will you just tell me already?" Mineta groans.

"She's from the eighth. Killed her family and is now on the run."

"What?!" you gasp, staring Kaminari down again. "That's what you say about me?"

"No, I didn't-"

"They're trying to get to the resistance in the fourth," Sero smirks as he looks at Mineta.

"So she'd be worth something if we brought her to the Prime Minister, huh? And what about him?" Mineta narrows his eyes at Kaminari.

"Didn't say anything about himself," Sero shrugs.

"Ugh," you roll your eyes, having enough of this. Of course, Kaminari gave you up and not himself, what an ass.

"Tie him up," Mineta nods, "We'll take them both."