𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸: 𝚃𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚍𝚘

After saying your goodbyes to the others, Sen leads you and Kaminari to the scrapyard beside the rundown theater where Setsuna works. He had explained to the two of you that this is the way she gets to the next faction over when she goes to visit her boyfriend.

You couldn't help but feel the tension as Sen talked about Setsuna's boyfriend, especially after knowing what you had caught him doing the evening before. Obviously, Kaminari hasn't a clue about it.

At the scrapyard, Sen leads you to a rust-colored car and slides into the passenger seat. You look around, making sure nobody else is around to spot the three of you where you shouldn't be. It is the late morning, after all.

A minute later, Sen tosses the keys over to Kaminari with a defeated sigh. "I don't know, man. She always gets it to start but I can't figure the thing out."

"It's alright," Kaminari shakes his head to brush off the worry. "I'm practically built to jumpstart a car. It'll be easy. Y/N, get in the car."

"What am I, your dog?" you raise your eyebrow as you do as he asks.

"Come on," he chuckles as he leans across the seats and pushes open the driver's door for you.

"Fine," you groan as you reluctantly get into the car.

"Now, you remember which roads, right?" Sen asks as he leans against the door of the car.

"Yeah," Kaminari nods. "We'll be good. Thanks for taking us out here, man."

"No problem," he waves. "Now, get out of here before the security finds us."

Sen salutes Kaminari before walking off. Kaminari then sighs as he takes in the interior of the car. You watch as he begins ripping some of the wiring out and bundling the ends into a fine point. "Ready?" he then smirks over at you.

"Yeah," you answer monotoned, still a bit worried.

"Here goes nothing," he mumbles, placing the wire into his mouth. "Wait, where'd I put the keys?"

With a sigh, you grab it from the cupholder and place it into the ignition. However, just as you do, an electric shock sends you into a daze. You fall back against the seat, not even aware of what's happening.

"Oh, shit," Kaminari mumbles. "Y/N, are you alright? Y/N?"

You look over at him with your lips parting. You can hardly breathe and no words form from your mouth.

"Fuck, shit, shit!" Kaminari begins cursing to himself as he quickly puts the wires down and leans over you to check your pulse. His body so close to your own makes your skin feel like it's on fire, but it's not the kind you'd enjoy. This asshole electrocuted you again.

Your pulse must have been very weak because Kaminari begins to freak out even more than he was before. He walks around to your side of the car, pulls you out, and drags you onto a large piece of wood where he lays you flat on your back.

You hardly know what's happening as he rolls up your sleeves and checks your hands and arms for burns. "Jesus, why am I such a fucking idiot," he mutters.

You're still in a haze and your limbs are completely limp as Kaminari checks your heartbeat again. This time, however, he does it by placing his ear to your chest. The gesture is intimate, yet it's the farthest thing from your mind right now.

"Shit, Y/N, can you hear me?" he calls out to you.

You can hardly make a noise in response.

"Okay, I'm going to look in the car for a... a first aid kid or something. I'll be right back!"