𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝙷𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖

As the sky darkens, you and Kaminari walk along the streets of the sixth faction with your new friend, Jurota.

"I can't believe we left the car behind just 'cause he can't fit," you pout, thinking back to all that trouble you went through just to get it to work.

Kaminari nudges you in the arm and passes you a glance. "Don't complain. He's doing us a huge favor by taking us to his friend."

"I know," you huff, crossing your arms and wincing slightly from the burns. "It's just annoying."

A few steps in front of them, Jurota turns around to face you and Kaminari, smiles brightly, and begins to walk backwards. "We're almost there," he smiles. "I really appreciate you guys walking me home. You've got a place to stay here anytime," he says kindly, making you begin to regret your complaining.

"Yeah, no problem," Kaminari replies. "Just, maybe turn around before you trip and fall..."

Once the three of you arrive at Jurota's house, you're welcomed by his friend, Ojiro, who thanks you nearly a hundred times for bringing his friend back safely. He offers you to stay the night, to which the two of you happily agree.

"This place is pretty nice," you say quietly as Kaminari and you sit down at the dining room table.

"I'll go get the futons!" Jurota exclaims, sliding a door open.

"Futons?" Kaminari questions. "We really don't need-"

"Nonsense. It's the least I can do for you guys," Ojiro cuts him off with a smile as he opens his refrigerator. "Make yourselves at home."

"Thanks, man," Kaminari sighs, smiling back at him.

As Jurota takes care of the setup, Ojiro whips together a simple yet mouthwatering meal of eggs and rice. He then pours four glasses of tea and places them on the table, sitting down himself.

"Thanks a lot, Ojiro," you beam up at him, "We really appreciate it."

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

After the others have been long asleep, you find yourself unable to rest. You decide to sit up and rub your eyes but as you do, you realize that Kaminari is not in bed either. You look around the room, but he is nowhere in sight.

Your curiosity leads you to the porch, where his quirk points you in the right direction. There, Kaminari is standing, practicing his quirk in the yard. You can hear the crackling energy around him, proving his determination even in the middle of the night.

"Hey," you call out quietly, opening the sliding door behind him. "What are you going out here in the middle of the night?"

Kaminari looks over, a bit of shock in his eyes. "Oh, hey. Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just, uh, wanted to train a little bit."

"Disturb me?" you question as you step forward, but the closer you get, Kaminari steps away. "What's wrong?"

"Stay back, Y/N. I don't want to hurt you again, okay?"

"Oh please," you scoff, closing the gap and nudging him in the arm. "I'm tougher than that."

"I, uh, no, I didn't mean that..." he gulps. "I know that quells are strong, too. I mean, I didn't know that before but now I do..."

"Have you ever been to the eighth?" you then ask softly.

"No," he shakes his head. "What is it like?"

You sigh as you sit on the edge of the porch and look at your hands in your lap. You tell him about your old home, Kendo's shop, and even Chizome's roommate with the symbiotic decay quirk- something you had never told anyone about.

"We're doing the right thing, you know," he admits, sitting beside you and placing his hand on your knee. "None of this should be the way it is."

All you can do is simply nod. But Kaminari doesn't seem to mind as he side-hugs you and allows you to place your head on his shoulder. You shouldn't be this comfortable with a stranger, yet, here you are.

"Y/N?" he says softly. When you look up at him, you notice how close your faces are. Your heart begins to race at the realization and you wonder if he can feel it.

"Oh my god," you then gasp, "Kaminari, your nose is bleeding!"

"Wha-" he starts, but you quickly cover his face with your hands.

"God, Kaminari, you must overthink things too much."

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

The next morning, you and Kaminari gather your things and clear the futons before saying your goodbyes to Ojiro and Jurota.

"Oh, you don't happen to know the location of those permit makers, do you?" Kaminari asks as you put on your shoes.

"Unfortunately not, I'm sorry," Ojiro smiles apologetically. "But I do know someone by the lake who might be able to help."

"The lake?" you repeat as you stand to your feet. "Are you saying we're going to cross the water to get to the fifth?"

"Can't swim?" Kaminari grins at you.

"I can," you scoff, crossing your arms. "I just prefer not to be electrocuted by an entire body of water this time around."

"My god, invite me to the wedding!" Jurota shouts with laughter.

"Shut up!" Kaminari calls out as his cheeks begin to turn pink.

"What wedding?" Ojiro furrows his eyebrows.

"It's nothing," you wave it off. "We hate to ask this of you after all you've done for us, but do you think you could take us to your friend at the lake?"

"Of course," Ojiro nods. "Anything I can do to help.

"Thanks a million," Kaminari breathes.

"Thank you," you repeat.