𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: 𝙲𝚢𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎

Sparkling water finally greets you as Ojiro and Jurota lead you and Kaminari to the nearby lake. "There's the freshwater we told you about!" Jurota shouts, pointing to the glistening lake.

"Where's your friend?" Kaminari asks them as you begin looking around.

You don't hear their answer as your attention becomes drawn to an otter near the water's edge. With a smile on your lips, you walk over and crouch down to play with the otter, completely entranced by the adorable creature. The otter happily chitters away, enjoying the attention as you gently stroke its fur and tickle its chin.

A moment later, Kaminari joins you and kneels at your side with a warm smile. "Looks like you're having fun. Did you find a new friend?" he asks, as he watches you.

The otter, delighted that it has made a new friend, spins in circles, causing both of you to laugh.

"I think he's saying, 'hello,'" you comment as the otter continues its happy dance.

"I think so, too," he replies, continuing to chuckle.

The next time you look over at Kaminari, he returns your gaze, a small smile on his lips. "What is it?" you ask.

"Nothing, just admiring the view," he admits, his cheeks slightly reddening.

You find yourself unable to look away, as you become lost in his handsome face and his golden eyes. For a moment, you forget about the otter as you begin leaning in closer.

"I-," he whispers, his breath warm against your lips.

Before you know what's happening, there's a splash in the water and the otter suddenly scurries away. Startled, you break away from Kaminari and look around to see a woman standing just behind the two of you.

You both quickly stand up, exchanging a nervous look as the woman approaches. "Who are you, ribbit?" she asks, her tone stern.

"Oh, um, we were just here visiting," you reply, your voice wavering slightly.

"We're friends of Ojiro," Kaminari gulps.

The woman's gaze remains skeptical and the two of you are left wondering how she's going to respond.

"I see, ribbit," she eventually says.

Kaminari sighs with relief as the tension eases, but before you can say anything else, the woman's eyes narrow.

"And where is Ojiro?"

"He's, uh," you reply, looking around. But Ojiro is nowhere to be seen.

"He's around," Kaminari tries to help.

The woman looks between the two of you, her suspicion growing, as you and Kaminari remain frozen in place. You feel an anxious knot tighten in your stomach, unsure of what will happen next.

Just then, Ojiro finally appears, walking up from right behind the woman. "Hey guys," he says. "Did I miss something?"

"Oh, thank god," Kaminari lets out a breath of relief.

"You really know these two, ribbit?" the woman asks Ojiro, looking him up and down.

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

JIROU'S P.O.V.

"I don't know what to tell you, Tokoyami," I groan as I fall back on the couch in my office. "He's trying his hardest to find out where we're hiding our numbers. He's never trusted this faction as far as-"

"I know," Tokoyami sighs, "but the only undercover agents he has come from this faction."

"Exactly, so we need to keep our eye out on who we let in. I need you to beef up security, please," I tell him.

"With what?!"

Before I can answer him, my phone starts buzzing and I reach in my back pocket to get it. "Hello?"

"Jirou?!"

"Who is it?" Tokoyami asks as Dark Shadow grows behind him, but I wave him off.

"It's Tsu, shh!"

"Jirou, I've got something important to tell you, can you talk?"

"Yes, it's fine," I stand up, unsure of what she's going to say.

"I wanted to give you a heads up, ribbit, there's two new people who intend on finding you in the fourth. They'll be there soon."

"Seriously?!" I gasp, looking over at Tokoyami. I feel like I'm at a loss of words. "I'm confused. Are they a threat?"

"I think they're trustworthy. A couple of my friends vouched for them. Do you think you can get them to the resistance safely?"

"Tsu, I don't know if this-"

"Please. I got to talk to them. I think you better hear them out. The woman is from the eighth, too."

"Well, damn, why didn't you lead with that?" I sigh. "I'll do what I can, Tsu, I promise."

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

Y/N'S P.O.V.

"She's in," Tsuyu tells you and Kaminari after dropping you off on the other side of the lake. "Look, I don't really know anyone in the fifth, but I think she will be able to help you once you cross over to the fourth, ribbit."

"And where exactly will we be heading?" Kaminari asks her.

"Look for the big music production building," she explains. "You won't be able to miss it."

"Got it," you nod, hoping you can remember it.

"Thank you, Tsu," Kaminari says, reaching out to shake her hand. "Really, you've done so much to help us."

"I'll let the others know that you made it over here safely," Tsuyu smiles at him, then turns to you. "Please, stay safe, y/n."

"Thank you, Tsu," you nod. "For everything."

"No problem, ribbit."

After Tsuyu leaves, you and Kaminari turn your backs towards the lake and walk side-by-side, continuing your journey to find the resistance.