𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷: 𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖

The next evening, you and your group finish packing your things and head towards the entrance of the hideout. But before you can take your leave, Momo, Sero, Tokoyami, and Kaminari approach calling out to you.

"Y/N," Momo speaks up first, "We're going with you."

"No," you shake your head. "You're not."

"What are you talking about, of course we are," she says again, placing her hands on her hips.

"It's dangerous and-"

"And it's our job, right?" Sero adds, somewhat blocking your view of Kaminari which you're pretty sure is on purpose. "We're a team."

You narrow your eyes at him for saying that, especially after the betrayal from the one you've been with the longest.

"I'm pretty sure 'team' means the group that's actually going together," Toga rolls her eyes as she approaches your side. "And you lot weren't invited."

"Jirou," Tokoyami pleads, "you know I'd be suited for this task. Let me join you. Dark Shadow and I could be very useful."

"It's not about who's suited for what," Jirou groans. "This is a mission to gather information, not storm a castle."

"I'll be careful," Tokoyami promises. "Please."

"Fine," she rolls her eyes.

"Great, so I can come too, right?" Sero smiles, crossing his arms.

"I mean, if everyone else is fine with it, then so am I," Jirou sighs.

"Jirou..." you mutter. You don't really have any issue with any of them joining, but you definitely don't want to have to deal with a discussion alone with Kaminari again. This is really not the time and you know he'll bring it up the second he gets a chance.

"Well, I guess they have gotten all the way here," Spinner shrugs. "'Specially the blonde."

You groan, turning to glare at the reptile man.

"We're wasting time, guys," he points out.

"Let's go, then," you shrug, motioning for the others to follow you. "Follow or don't, I don't care."

You continue ahead, but not long after you can hear the footsteps of the others as they run to catch up.

"Hold up," Toga calls out.

You stop and look at her.

"What's going on with you? You better have a clear mind going into all of this, Y/N," she tells you.

"Of course I do, I just don't like falling behind because more people want to get themselves into danger for no reason," you lie.

"Oh my god, I knew it!" she giggles, intertwining her arm with yours as she makes sure you're both out of earshot from the others. "You love Kaminari, don't you?! You know, I used to have someone I used to-"

"I don't," you groan at the idea of even having this conversation. Why did that jerk have to insist on coming along? "We're just in a bit of a fight right now over something but that doesn't mean I love him, Toga!"

"Okay, fine," she agrees, "but if you did, that would be fine. I'd be jealous and might try to steal you away but only a little. You're cute, so I'd understand."

"Thanks, I think," you sigh.

"Hey Toga! Y/N!" Momo's voice calls out as she holds up a black cloak in her hand. "Come over here!"

∿*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣𐦍*̩̣‧̩̣₊̣‧̩̣*̩̣∿

"This darkness is the fucking worst!" Hagakure groans as she bumps into Spinner's back. "Not to mention this is so gross!"