𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚎

"I won't say anything! I swear!" Midoriya gulps as Spinner pins him against the door. "P-Please. Let me go."

"How am I supposed to trust that," Spinner replies, his eyes narrowing at his target. "You were just trying to get Kirishima to go back to his shitty job."

"I'll do anything. I-I'll even help you! That way, I'll have no reason to turn you in 'cause it'll just make me look bad, too," he tries his best to plead.

"This group is starting to get way too big," you mention to Toga. "I mean, shit, we could've just brought everyone here at this point."

"You're going to need my help, Kirishima," Midoriya continues to speak. "The festival is tomorrow and guards will be stationed all over the place asking for permits."

"Permits aren't the problem," Momo intervenes.

"Are you going to work tomorrow, Kirishima?" you ask him a bit nervously as he looks between you and Midoriya.

"I don't think I have a choice. If I don't do what that guy says then I'll be..."

He and Midoriya both stay quiet for a moment, looking down at their feet. The rest of the group gets the message clearly. You don't want to press them any further.

"Well, let's get to sleep and-" you begin, before Kirishima interrupts.

"You'll be working the festival tomorrow then, right?" he asks Midoriya.

"Yeah, so will you," he shrugs. "So?"

"We'll just report to Iida and then meet the others at the festival," he suggests.

"Woah, woah, so now you want us to get there ourselves?" Sero asks.

"Well, it's not like you weren't doing that before," Kirishima reminds the others.

"We can do that," you nod. "When does it start?"

"Noon," Midoriya tells you. "Once you get there, we'll find you right at the start."

"Thanks, Midoriya," Kirishima nods at him as Midoriya starts to squirm out of Spinner's grasp.

"Hey, not so fast! You haven't done anything to get yourself caught yet so you're not going anywhere," Spinner tells him. "You'll be spending the night here, with us."

Kirishima and Midoriya exchange a look and give in to Spinner's request. It's not long after that a blanket and pillow are given to Midoriya and he joins the rest of you in the cramped space.

While the others drift off to sleep, you can't help but stare up at the ceiling with worried thoughts about the day ahead. You know your chances of gaining any intel on the Prime Minister are low but this festival tomorrow does sound promising.

With your mind racing, you stand up and carefully tiptoe over the other bodies in the room. You make your way toward the front door but, as your fingers graze over the knob, you look back at the others. Kaminari, in particular, who is sleeping like a baby. You've never seen him sleep this well the whole time you've been together and you don't want to wake him.

As quietly as possible, you slip out and make your way down to the first floor of the apartment building you are in. You walk out the front and into the night, taking in the sights and sounds of the beautiful city.

The buildings are tall, taller than any you've ever seen. Lights of different colors line the streets and the buildings, making everything seem bright. You wonder if any of the people living here bother to think about life anywhere else. Don't they wonder about all the strange happenings in the other districts? Do they wonder why Momo is making fake permits? Or worry about how influential Stain is? Maybe everything is just covered up or swept under the rug before they can hear about it. How awful.