the news

One day while we were hanging out in my trailer, Sadie knocked on the door.

"Come in," I call out, wondering what brought her here. As she steps in, I can't help but feel a wave of anxiety. Does she know? Will she be mad at me?

Sadie looks at me, then at Finn, her brow furrowing in confusion. "What's going on here?" she asks, her tone guarded. We exchange a glance, unsure of how to respond.

"Nothing, we're just, hanging out," Finn says, trying to keep it cool.

"Can I stay then? I'm bored out of my mind," She says

"Of course, you're welcome to join us," I respond, trying to keep my voice steady. We continue our conversation, now including Sadie.

"Seems like yall have gotten really close while filming this season," She says

"Yeah," Finn responds, trying to keep his voice casual. "We've just been spending a lot of time together on set, you know?"

"Yeah," I say, agreeing with him trying to sound non-suspicious

"Yeah," Sadie replies, looking at us curiously. "It's nice to see you two getting along so well."

Finn and I exchange a glance, a silent agreement passing between us. "Actually, Sadie," Finn begins, his voice steady. "There's something we need to tell you."

Sadie looks at us, her curiosity piqued. "What is it?" she asks.

"We didn't want you to find out from anyone else," I begin, taking a deep breath. "Finn and I... we're dating."

There's a moment of silence as Sadie processes the information, her eyes flicking between the two of us. "Oh," she finally says, her voice barely a whisper.

"I'm sorry Sadie, but you guys also dated forever ago," I say. "We were like 13,"

Sadie takes a moment, her eyes distant as she processes the news. "Well," she finally says, a soft smile gracing her lips. "As long as you two are happy, that's all that matters." I see the tears in her eyes. I go over and hug her.

"I love you Sadie," I say

"I love you too," she replies, hugging me back. "I just want you both to be happy."

She leaves and we sit alone, cuddling on my bed.

"You know, we've never really gone on a proper date," he says.

"Is this your way of asking me on one?" I ask.

"Maybe?" he says.

"Then yes, I would love to go on a proper date with you," I respond, looking at him with a smile. His face lights up, and he leans in to kiss me.

"We can go tomorrow after filming maybe," I say

"Sounds good," he says

Finn leaves my trailer for the night.

As I lay in bed, I can't help but replay the events of the day in my head. From the unexpected confession to our first planned date, it's been a whirlwind. But as I drift off to sleep, I can't help but feel excited about what the future holds for us.