CHAPTER TWO: ARE YOU GOOD TO GO?

Tobi and Ibrahim were my trusted friends from boot camp,

It's funny how we all ended up in Team Bravo, I was Bravo five while Ibrahim and Tobi were Bravo's seven and two.

we've defeated enemies together, done trainings together, eaten together in the chow hall and also attended therapy sessions together.

"Our health and lives are just as important as those we're saving" Tobi was the health-conscious one amongst us, and those were his exact words every three-months before he ridiculously booked therapy classes for the third without politely asking for our consent. Who cares by the way- I'd have ran mad without those sessions, so Bravo Zulu!

It was zero dark thirty, the biggle was blown- it took us ten minutes to run out from our various shanties.

The military cadence was soon to commence as we took to our formations -  the best time of my daily routine was about to begin...the early morning morale motivations.

DAILY CHANTS

Commander: Are you good to go?
Recruits Response: Good to go , good to go sir!
Commander: How is your morale?
Recruits Response: High
Commander: Morale
Recruits Response: High

MORALE SONGS

Song one

Commander: Jeh jeh jeh jeh we Dey go oo
Recruits response: jeh jeh we Dey go oo jeh jeh
Commander: Jeh jeh jeh jeh we Dey go oo
Recruits response: jeh jeh we Dey go oo  jeh jeh

Song two

Commander: mama no Dey ooo, papa no Dey ooo
If you want to fire me, fire make I die, I will never run away from this army.

Recruits response: mama no Dey ooo, papa no Dey ooo
If you want to fire me, fire make I die, I will never run away from this army.

Song three

Commander: As I join soldier my morale high
Recruits response: wonderful
Commander: As I join soldier I become rugged
Recruits response: wonderful

This was fun,
We kept shuffling through military morale songs, we danced in circles, sang and clapped our hands on a high pitch. This continued for about thirty minutes until it was almost time to joggle into the chow hall.

Commander: left, right

                         Left , right

                         Left, right

                         Left, right

         Parade... Halt!

we responded by stamping our feet to a halt, " one...two"

The final halt is usually the loudest.
The biggle was blown- it was time to joggle up into the chow hall. Food was ready!

Ibrahim loved the early morning beans and bread, while Tobi and I preferred it at night to aid our good night rest- so we rather saved ours in our food flask's.

END OF CHAPTER
Are you good to go?
I know this might give some kind of NYSC vibe, yes... little inspiration was gotten from there.
Have fun.
Please read, follow, vote and comment on my book. Thanks