CHAPTER SIXTEEN; A DARK SERGEANT

11pm- and I still hadn't closed my eyes to sleep.

I was disgustingly upset and needed to vent it on someone or something. Jogging is what I find myself doing every-time my mind was in a major chaos.
"Thinking about jogging, I think I should go for a round or two" I said to myself as I threw my legs into my camouflage sweat pants and left the room with my light cardigan on my left arm.

The exterior lights did exactly what they were fixed to do, so there was basically little or no need for a torch light.

I started off jogging slowly like a novice athlete undergoing trainings. After what seemed like a while, my speed increased and so did my heart rate. I ran so fast that my feet left behind little dust clouds after each stamp on the dry soil.

Betrayal is the "thanks a lot for your kindness"  I keep getting from the ones around me, I am so used to it-and that's probably why am so upset with myself for being annoyed and surprised at Tobi. I mean, if I've tripped over a rock twice, I should just get used to it's presence if I can't move it. Why is the realization of my friend being the traitor so hurtful to me?... even though I knew who he was.

A WHILE LATER

      I didn't leave my room with a watch, so it was hard telling what the time said- all I knew was, I had gone seven rounds on the field even though I clearly came

for a round or two. Nevertheless, I felt better even though I knew I had the consequences of leg and stomach cramps waiting for me. I went back to my shanty, had a cold bath and laid down for a little rest before the biggle was blown.

FEW HOURS LATER

6 hours later, the morning drills were over and it was immediately time for chow.

"Willow" called Tobi

"Hey, Tobi- good morning; I was actually looking for you" I said

"For me? Okay, any problem? Did you hear anything?" Asked Tobi in a hurry.

"No, I didn't hear anything. Am I  supposed to have heard something?" I asked Tobi who was acting more suspicious than usual.

"Oh, no. I was just concerned, you said you were looking for me" said Tobi after exhaling calmly.

"No, it's nothing serious. I just wanted us to work today- you know, concerning the infiltrator investigation" I said.

"Okay then, am actually free the whole of today- we could start now" said Tobi.

"Not now" I said laughing

"Let's go eat first, we can work in your shanty right? I wouldn't want to attract any suspicions from my roommates" I said to Tobi

"Yes, why not?" Tobi responded.

       I, personally was shocked by my calmness, I would never have believed I had the power to put it all together. At least, I was able to confuse Tobi a little bit- he clearly suspected that I suspect him, but now; he'd be confused on what to believe.
Lol, I'll have so much fun watching the traitor find himself...operation Tobi finding Tobi.

MOMENTS AFTER CHOW

We were seated on a bench at the entrance of Tobi's shanty.

"So what are we looking out for?... expert" I asked Tobi giving him a light push on his shoulder.

"I don't know, anything abnormal" said Tobi

"Okay, yeah- talking about abnormalities; some of the suspects files went missing, I observed it when I went through the documents for the second time" I said looking straight at his face, hoping to capture a glitch- but no.

"Missing? They were all there when I gave you the bulk" Tobi said unflinchingly.

"No, they weren't Tobi" I said

" your file isn't here either and I doubt I had seen it on the first day" I further said

"I swear to you, they were all there from the first day" said Tobi

"Yoo, chill out man... I actually suspect that maybe someone from you room my have tampered with the papers. Or, do you think otherwise?" I asked

" yes, yes, yess... I think so too, I mean that's the only explanation for this right? Stammered Tobi, feeling slightly relived.

Watching Tobi struggle with everything all day was heaven to my sight. Why wouldn't he just come clean to me?

"Am happy we got to do this together. Don't forget, whatever you find should be shared amongst us first" reminded Tobi.

"Yes, of course" I said

" we'll continue this tomorrow I guess?" I asked

"Yes , sure. Let me see you off then" asked Tobi as he attempted standing up.

"No, am okay. My shanty is just two blocks away, it's not like someone is gonna kill me on the way" I said, smiling at Tobi who's eyes roamed everywhere in search of something I couldn't see.

"Kill you?, no way. Bye then" said Tobi.

END OF CHAPTER
Willow is just as funny as she's mean 😂
I don't blame her though, she needed to go about the whole issue brilliantly.

Tobi on the other hand- hmmm, I think betrayers know when they've gone offshore so it's only right that they act defensive when they think they're close to getting caught.
Please read, follow, vote and comment on this chapter. Thanks a lot guys