CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; COMMANDER WHO?

"Mercy Samson, twenty-eight years old; lost your dad through drugs while your mum left you at a teen age of fifteen and never returned. Dark history of shop lifting, defamation, prostitution which led to the murder of a certain Mr. Clinton... we both know that people with history's lined up this way don't deserve to put on camouflage. So tell me, Mercy or can I call you a genocide accomplice? What are you doing in this division?" I said to Mercy who I caught off-guard at the entrance of her room. I had waited two hours not to miss her.

"Fine, you know me,
What do you want?" Asked Mercy

" who is your boss? And does Tobi work with you?" I asked.

" what do you think?" Asked Mercy as she laughed
"Would you like to arrest me? Answer me detective?" She demanded in an angry tune.

"Let me help you Mercy. You did something really bad and am only here to ask you a few questions" I said, trying to locate my knife incase things took a twist.

" I know someone cleared out your history and that's how you're here. Who is the brain behind the genocide? I know it's a commander general... but who?" I further asked

"And supposing I told you, can you protect me from a commander general" she asked

" I'd do anything to get what I want. So yes, I can protect you" I said
"Look, Mercy... I know I got you off guard and maybe this isn't the right time for us to talk, but once you feel like doing something right; you know how to reach me" I said taking an exiting walk past her.

"Commander Nnamani, he's powerful and more dangerous than any sergeant that was and is alive.
You're right, I had no life before now... he picked me up and washed me clean, he used to be a good person before greed came.

My mum is still alive, he found her, somewhere in kaduna; he threatened to kill her if I didn't follow his orders... look, I know my mum abandoned me but I don't hate her.
You might not be able to protect me, I know. I just told you this because I want out. I feel like doing something right." Said Mercy

" Commander who?" I asked in disbelief

Pardon me, please allow me do this quick introduction.

General commander Nnamdi Richardson was a sniper from team Bravo, just like myself before he grew into this great person that he is- or rather, was. His grandfather fought at the front line during the war against slavery. Commander Nnamani's forefathers alongside himself have always been my military idols. So once again...

"Commander who?" I asked Mercy who didn't look as shocked as I was.

" I know right? We shouldn't judge people by their past glories... same way we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.
"Willow, a war has been staged for a month's time... you're to die in it. It's better to play dead than being a victim of actual death" said Mercy

"Emmm, I know about that,
Thanks for the information by the way and your mum will be save... if we're sure she's still alive" I said

"She still lives... am sure
And also, yes... Tobi definitely works with me or rather- I think it's I who works with/ for Tobi. I receive orders from the guy too, he's the general's personal handyman.
Lastly, he's the one to kill you!" Said Mercy

"Thanks" I said

"I am on your side- cheers to doing right things...right?" Mercy said before walking out on me.

CHAPTER END
I think it's beautiful to know that Willow is beginning to have people on her side. Choosing to do the right thing is hard most times, it takes only a brave person to stand upright in the midst of refusal.

Mercy shouldn't be judged, just like most of us...she only needed to get a new life-different from what she had.

Pls read, vote, follow and comment on this chapter. Thanks a lot and love you all❤️👉🏼