CHAPTER TWENTY; THE WAR AGAINST THE JUNTAS

"Willow" I heard Tolani call out to me
"Here, have these" said Tolani as he handed me my own share of the smuggled field guns, bullets and grenades.

"Mount a pose... and be safe" he further said.

"You too" I said

In a few minutes, we began hearing gunshots from afar.
We needed no announcements to verify our enemy's arrival...gunshots has always been their best introductory signal. The soldiers ran in a rush to their various placements, snipers like myself and Tobi took to the heights of the hills for a better view of the whole field...most times...I sincerely wished I did more than just shooting from afar.

The enemies drove closer to us while our comrades on the field followed suite to their direction. They shot at us, and so...we reciprocated the energy and this time around- there's no way we'd run out of bullets or soldiers; once beaten- twice shy...we Dey learn!
The tossing of grenades into the open field bursted open the soil, resulting in the shooting out of rocks and clouding of soil dust.

"Tobi...what the hell...?" I asked Tobi who was packing up his stuff to leave.

"I told you to stay back Willow...Whatever happens; know you brought it upon yourself " he said before fleeing.

Tobi ran down the hills with his knees bent, so as to dodge flying bullets. I watched him run until I lost sight. Turns out I was the only sniper left on the North side.

I killed a lot of the enemies from up here, took cover for the sergeants who did ground work and also searched around for every form of abnormalities...this war was just as busy as the last one; everyone was fighting and breathing in air like it could be their last- everyone, everyone except Tobi. I saw it all from up here, through my sniper lens I spotted Tobi having a war-less conversation with the a dude from the opposite side; soon they exchanged something which was too tiny for me to see from afar.

I had my aim right there but couldn't take it.
I couldn't bring myself to kill him, but I knew I couldn't remain on the hills anymore. I had to go down.

"Replacements for the North" I spoke into my walking talkie as I headed to the field.

END OF CHAPTER
"In order to know your enemy... you must think like your enemy" yeap, if you were your enemy; what would be your next line of action?

Please don't forget to follow and vote on this story. The comment section is always open. Thanks ❤️