CHAPTER ELEVEN: MISJUDGMENT

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once"

                                              JULIUS CAESER
                          WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE.

Ibrahim, Tobi and I have had several discussions of which in all, we admitted how scared we were to kick the bucket. How fast did Ibrahim outgrow his fear?

Or... maybe he already understood the concepts of one's arrival and dismissal to the world.

"Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."
                          WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE.

But why would he pulled the pin?
"How dare him ??" I murmured to myself as I sat back and watched a sergeant from The Zulu (first aid team)  dress my gunshot wound while I continued sipping from my already half glass of Merlot – of cause still in my deep mixed thoughts and emotions.

After my wound was neatly dressed, I dragged my confused self back to my shanty.
None of my  roommates were present, good!
More time to think.

Since I got back, they've been a few words running through my mind,
words I couldn't understand.

I sat on my bed in distress,
I tried pacing around my room space to aid my comfortability... But it still wasn't helpful.

"No, no...it's too late Willow"- those were Tobi's words

I reached to my table to pour myself another glass of wine.
"If I wasn't prevented by Tobi, I am sure Ibrahim would still be alive, I'd have saved Ibrahim!" I said to myself

Suddenly, I felt like I had gotten a little bit of knowledge.

"Could it be that?....
Aurrggh, that blood thirsty animal" I gruntingly exclaimed to myself as a picked up my dwarf knife from underneath my iron bunk.

I took my last sip of wine, unhooked my door and stormed off to his shanty... Tobi's shanty.

Knock knock

"Code?" Responded one of Tobi's roommates

"Bravo 5, Willow.. I am here for Tobi" I responded calmly

"Oh, I'll get that" I heard Tobi say from the other side of the door.

The door finally flung open before me,
I was filled with rage and revenge,

"You Godforsaken traitor" I said before elbowing Tobi chest down to the ground.

"Kasala don burst oo" I heard one of his guys say
Next thing I heard were flickering of pear knives.

"I guess I am not the only one with a smuggled weapon" I said while laughing mischievously.

"It's okay, it's okay
I'm good guys, I've got this" interrupted Tobi from the ground where I had pinned him with all my might.

"No...no, it's too late Willow" I screamed at Tobi

"Was that all you had? To save your friend?" I asked as I attempted burying the knife in his throat of lies.

....

" you're not deaf!
I am talking to you... was that all you had to save your friend?" I inquired again; but this time, more determined to kill him without hesitating.

"No, no it wasn't- I was scared Willow, so scared" responded Tobi

"You should have let me do the work then?"
"Look" I said pulling Tobi's head to face me with so much force
"Are you the one? The the one who told them" I stammered

"I don't get it Abobi" said Tobi

"Don't call me that again" I yelled
"Are you the snitch?
Did you snitch our placements?
Are you the infiltrator?" I screamed in tears as Tobi's roommates rushed to get me off his back and pinned me to the wall... ready to throw punches at me.

"Free am" said Tobi

"Where were those fists during the fight hun?" I asked
"you bunch of weak delinquents" I further said

"No" said Tobi

"Excuse me" I demanded in disgust

"No, Willow. I am not the infiltrator, though I suspect there's one" said Tobi.

My eyes became watery, I was a bad friend... a sergeant with unreasonable excuses not to do good things.

What was I doing standing in my friend's room with so much rage? So much fume...

We both lost Ibrahim and I definitely had no right to react this way.

I fell to the ground instantly and began to weep, Tobi ran towards me without hesitation and hugged me.

"I am sorry" I whispered into his ears.
"You need to forgive me Tobi! Please" I said.

CHAPTER END
I love that Willow confronted Tobi, but her means of confrontation was so violent.
We're humans... of different displays and thoughts...

Well, do you think Willow would have killed Tobi if he were the traitor?

If you were in Tobi's shoes, would you forgive Willow?
Please answer these questions by commenting on this chapter. Don't forget to vote and share my links... thanks
Amma give y'all chapter 12 right away. No time for suspense 😂