CHAPTER FOURTEEN; ENIGMA 1

I spent my night pondering tentatively... whether or not to believe the galumphing truth my thoughts were blabbing to me.
I don't know if I am over thinking again or just under the weather.
Is it hypocritical to say am suspicious of Tobi?
Does it make me a bad friend? Yes!
Can I control myself? No!

I saw everything wrong with Tobi's composure yesterday- all he did was act corny while trying to display real, the guy has always been a tyke and a ferocious enigma. I know for a fact that am not exaggerating the situation, I think it's only fair that I made inquiries on why Tobi's phone records weren't among the bulk he provided me with...I mean, if mine could be there; why shouldn't his?

I am not even going to pretend like am not close to losing my mind, but I need to keep it all down so I don't look like Am on the verge of an intense anger breakdown, which- mind you... I am.
My friend is erratically mischievous; but he's not so different from the rest of the sergeants in this barracks, we are all dangerous... and good, we all have dirty secrets and live life's that aren't as hidden as we think they are.

But No! I shouldn't compare.
Tobi... obviously has a different motive from the rest of us; I can sense it. I will fetter his schemes; am just scared of acting terribly; what if am wrong again?
I mean, I could be wrong again...right?

TOBI INTERRUPTS WILLOW'S THOUGHTS
"Hey, Willow... what's good? You're sitting outside all alone" said Tobi who sauntered towards me.

"Hey, hi" I responded startled.

"Am just so bored, couldn't sleep well last night" I further said.

"Same here, let's go play shoot target... if you don't mind though" said Tobi

"Why not? Let's go! Most-times I forget we've got fun things to do in the barracks" I said

"Well, I just reminded you" chuckled Tobi as we both found our way to the shooting room.

"That reminds me Tobi" I said as we strolled.

"Do you mind releasing the records to me again? I need to go through it over night" I said.

" sure, yeah... but we need to shoot first; let's blow off some steam" said Tobi

"Alright sir Mr. Blow off steam" I responded jokingly

2 HOURS LATER

We were done blowing off steam, God knows I could go on and on; shooting till like forever.
Tobi and I hung-out for a long time, it felt like the perfect CATCHING UP we needed. I know what y'all are thinking or rather... what y'all would like to ask, "is Tobi your only friend?" Well...yes, he is! Making friends is just as hard as rocket science, my neighbors outside the barracks thought it had a lot to do pride, while I just thought... I wasn't made to fit into every group or with everyone. The day sprinted into the evening, it was getting dark, so Tobi got me the records before I left to my shanty.

It is sure going to be a long night, I just hope I didn't create any suspicious awareness for Tobi... and even if I did? I just needed to be sure I wasn't fighting my corner. So now, there're two things involved;
1.    I find what I need from these records, or
2.    I crack Tobi open and make him spill something I can use...in all, I still hope to be wrong.

TOBI'S POV ( point of view)

I found Willow sitting outside... alone... again.
What could she be worried about? She's been cold lately. I should find out what going on with her... before she finds out what's going on with me.

"Hey, Willow... what's good? You're sitting outside all alone" I said

"Hey, hi" Willow responded startled.

"Am just so bored, couldn't sleep well last night" She further said.

"Same here, let's go play shoot target... if you don't mind though" I said

"Why not? Let's go! Most-times I forget we've got fun things to do in the barracks" said Willow while smiling.

"Well, I just reminded you" I chuckled as we both found our way.

Good, this is a good way to keep her distracted...I said in My head.

"That reminds me Tobi
Do you mind releasing the records to me again? I need to go through it over night" said Willow

"The records? The bloody records?
Damn! She suspects me, she clearly suspects the hell out of me... this is bad" I freaked out internally.

" sure, yeah... but we need to shoot first; let's blow off some steam" I said out loud to prevent her from noticing my evident display of distraction.

"Alright sir Mr. Blow off steam" Willow responded.

We were done shooting and getting along past events, it was getting dark, so I handed the records "which I already tampered with" over to Willow as I watched her walk to her shanty.
I need to act fast.. really fast!

Phone dialing...

" hello" responded the guy from the other side of the phone.

"Terror... she knows!" I said

"I told you to discard her but you preferred to put on shoes you couldn't walk in" said Terror

" I am not a killer" I said

"Lol, are you sure you still want to believe that even after Ibrahim?" Terror asked me.

"A month, I give you one month to eliminate Willow Abi na Window you Dey call am... or I'll do it myself. I'm just helping, you know if the general finds out our cover is blown, he'll bury you alongside your Willow alive." Terror said to me.

" Hey, Terror... don't touch her.
I didn't kill Ibrahim, I didn't kill Ibrahim, I didn't kill Ibrahim" I screamed into the already disconnected phone before tossing it to the wall.

BACK TO WILLOW'S POV

Honestly, this reality feels like the scripted super story films I grew up watching. The whole thing feels like an old historical tale which is layered in horror and engraved with dishonestly dense psychology.

" I knew it, am not blind naa" I said to myself."
Tobi's records weren't present... and even better or worse, Mercy's records are now missing; in fact most of the suspects now have missing records.

"Normal na, Abobi don commot all the proof of him men dem" I said out to myself after laughing like a psychopath.

END OF BOOK CHAPTER.
I am speechless, what do y'all have to say?
Please comment in the comments section, vote for my book, read and share .
Thanks people.
I am sure y'all have noticed the book cover's changed, yessssss; my very good friend made it for me @Aliana. She made one for my first book tooo @THE WRITER'S FEAR. If y'all see her anywhere please give her a hug❤️