CHAPTER SIX; THE REVIVAL

The barracks was extra noisy today,
I hadn't gotten the full gist on what was going on.
I found both my friends in line, so I joined.

We were all in line to accept our fire arms which were already assigned to us on our acceptance as recruits...
For safety reasons, we aren't allowed to keep them with us.

From the uncertain whispers I picked from the air,
It seemed like the village youths were in an active protest.

"What took them this long?
I saw revenge in the eyes of the young survivors from the massacre.
The community youths were bound to awaken!
I mean, who brings war to a peaceful territory?" So I thought.

"Tobi, Wetin Dey sup for here?" I asked.
"No be here e Dey sup, na that village way that massacre been take place last month. Be like say their youths don mount the streets" answered Tobi.
"Them mount in peace?" I asked
"Yes" answered Ibrahim

"Okay; so, of what use is all these guns were picking up? I asked in fear... I would have preferred if we went on a field strip,
Omo- we no too need all these guns; they were mistreated and violated- they watched their loved ones die a thousand times in a split second." I said.

" incase, just incase some groups attempt to jeopardize the protest" answered Ibrahim as he smiled at me...

"don't worry, we fit no kill today;
but if them wan kill you, you shoot first... at the slightest show of any threat, you save yourself first.
If you know what I mean." Ibrahim further said.

"Abobi calm down, threat no go Dey" I said as both Tobi and I laughed at Ibrahim's serious personal safety mechanisms.
But he was right "we kill to protect, and we kill before we're killed"

" but no issue Abobi, I roger you!" I said to Ibrahim as he stepped forth to pick up his weapon, Tobi followed up and so did I.

Abobi in my dialect means MY GUY, both Tobi and Ibrahim smiled every-time I called them that.

WITNESSING THE PROTEST
We arrived the scene of the protest earlier than we arrived the scene of the massacre- the irony.

Bravo's seven and two alongside me landed on sight in a military chopper while the rest of my colleagues arrived in a military van.

There was a lot of chanting,
The population of the protesters outnumbered us,
But it was a peaceful protest...I could see.

The coast was clear- violent activities were negative.

All they carried were banners with " JUSTICE FOR HOME, THE FIGHT AGAINST BLOODSHED, HUNT DOWN THE PREDATORS, A GUN TO MY HEAD- MY SOUL TO THE SKY" imprinted on 'em.
They weren't asking for too much, just justice...and they must get it.
Their actions in response to the horrifying past event might be deduced as madness, while their anger...as irrational.

They were left cold until they froze,
They fought alone until they were weak, literally.
Our Nation seemed promising,
Our Nation was once filled with life.

CHAPTER END.
Abobi- it sounds sweet to pronounce, but not just that; in this context, the use of ABOBI shows the intimacy in the friendly relationship between the three sergeants.
Tobi is Yoruba, Ibrahim is Hausa, while Willow is Igbo.
Willow giving her friends a pet name meant a-lot to them. I don't know if you've noticed, but the guys never played with her...she was always covered and so were they on her side.

Thank you all for reading my book, don't forget to follow, vote and comment on my book. Thanks. See you in chapter seven.