CHAPTER TEN; ADIOS ABOBI

I couldn't tell if I was sweating or just hyperbolically drenched by the rain that contributed to this mischief.
The weather was cold for my skin but too hot for my internal composition,-  I felt like I was burning... but with invisible flames.

The site of soldiers and civilians falling to death had become a norm to my sight,
To be honest, the only thing I could see was the silver lining... our silver lining, the escape vehicles weren't far anymore- they were within our site and of cause- within the site of the hostiles.

I could hear their rage from the increased speed of their vehicles, they were close- but we were closer to safety.

Tobi maintained his pace,

But Ibrahim... "where is Ibrahim?" I signaled to Tobi

"Ibrahim" I screamed into my walkie talkie

"Move along Willow, I am stuck" responded Ibrahim

My race came to a halt and so did my ability to think.

"Nope, stupid idea man
I'll be on standby, I'll wait here" I responded

But turning back, he didn't seem so far away from me- I could see from here that he just got stuck in a deep puddle, that is something I could fix...but fast, because those maniacs were close by.

I took to my already weak heels.
But without proper landing on my left foot, I felt a strength of withdrawal from my right wrist.

" Tobi, Ibrahim... I need to go help him" I said, panting uncontrollably.

"No, no...it's too late – they are closer to him than we are and surfacing yourself only makes you a closer target" said Tobi

"Stupid" I said after forcefully retrieving my arm from him

I turned back to head towards Ibrahim; but I heard gunshots, gunshots that didn't seem to end.

        They weren't shot at me, but I definitely felt every single one of them drilling their way into my flesh.

"No Abobi, no... that isn't you" i yelled in a higher capacity than my lungs could carry.

"Move along Willow, go with Tobi...
I'll take it from here...copy?" Stammered Ibrahim through his walkie talkie

"No, shut the hell up" I said running towards him

...gunshots

"Willow" screamed Tobi

I think I've been shot, but it's just on one leg- who said Ibrahim, Tobi and I can't limp out of here?

Tobi shot back at them as he pulled me into cover once again.

"I think he has a plan" said Tobi

"What plan?" I asked

"I don't kn...." Tobi froze mid-sentence as he fell to the ground holding his ears.

My ears were also on mute, and clearly- that of the other people too.

We were a few minutes deaf...

That was a grenade,

Turning back, Ibrahim and a few of the hostiles were replaced with flames.

Ibrahim dropped the bomb?

"Bravo Ibrahim, you killed a hundred bad men in your death,
But how do I congratulate you if you aren't here?" I muttered to myself

"You won Ibrahim,
you won goddammit, now come out!
Show your face you fool" I yelled in tears that weren't apparently rolling down my cheeks.

My feet were numb, so were my arms.
I fell straight on my knees as I began to hit my already bolted palm vexingly on my chest.

"No time to mourn Willow, the vans  are about to leave" said Tobi as he jacked me up running towards the van.

"Who controls the remote to my life?
Could you take me five minutes back in time please?" I murmured to myself still hitting my chest like a hammer to nail while in the van.

CHAPTER END
I know, right? Ibrahim of all people... pathetic
But then, I hope it isn't just me or Willow... did Tobi act suspicious to you?
Could it be that he is the traitor?
You know, no- one should be trusted on this sort of field. Chill out for chapter 11, meanwhile, don't forget to follow, comment, vote and read my book. Thanks guys.

Chapter eleven wayyyyyyy😂❤️