CHAPTER FOUR: SOLDIER GO, SOLDIER COME

SOLDIER COME, SOLDER GO!
A soldier in front, a soldier in war!
You're handling everything so bravely,
Tell me...do you ever miss your home?
Are you fighting on that field to win or die?
You're protecting everyone, you're twisting your fate to secure theirs.

Who's gonna help you sergeant? you've been shot!
Your palm pressing against the bullet holes won't stop the bleeding. Why don't you live to fight again?
Polished machine guns, you'd readily await the threats...don't you get tired of the same routine?

You're brave and broken,
You're brave and strong,
You're brave and heartless... but who needs a heart in a green field filled with dead people and a lot of gun powder?
Soldiers go; but do they ever come back?

WILLOW.

I doubt I've ever gotten a free time. I am either shooting at targets, painting still life or writing from random inspirations;-

I write too!

This may have sounded a little bit more exciting and extraordinary if my devoted efforts towards my talents actually yielded something vital.

Soldiers go; but do they ever come back?

This is the question for me,
A question I dared not to ask myself; a question I've always avoided.
An important question only trial could answer.

I've got a chronological record of warriors who never came back.
I've got a paper full of friends who became fallen soldiers; men who fought never to return.

Alpha one- Team leader of the Alpha and head of shanty six; he was the head of strategic foresight, he also fronted our regional battles and commanded most of the early morning drills. Sergeant Amaobi was killed during the END SARS regime. Who would have believed such a warrior would be killed by a single bullet- I guess no-one truly knows when their end is near; not even Amaobi- the head of the strategic foresight team could phantom his death. His death caused his family so much pain and just like every normal home, his family regretted the day he joined the army, they regretted why they didn't blur his visions of becoming a soldier "I should have stopped my son" said the sergeant's mum just as she began to read his tribute. His friends had tried talking him into getting a less life-ending job...they were right!
I mean, he would have still been alive if he were a village mechanic.

Or

How about sergeant Noah? Delta eight.... He was stabbed nine times in the neck on his first ever mission in the military; no achievements, no legacies, just broken dreams all over the place- unlike me, Noah had always wanted to join the army.
Rather than experience being my best teacher- I was taught to learn from the experience of others;

Now the question is...

if truly I learnt from external mistakes....
If truly I learnt from the fallen soldier tales;-...
Why did I then join the army?

I joined the army to save,
I joined the army for the respect that came with its uniform and title,
I joined the army for the drills... yes! The bloody drills.

I don't expect to be spared!
I don't need safety from the dark highlights,
I don't mind being drilled to the core; I've always worked hard to be the better version of myself.
It's beyond my dripping blood!
It's above my emotions,

It's not just about the pain or activity or who and what I'm gonna lose; it's about my individual influence, it's about what I stand to gain once my spirit is motivated.
I don't want to die young,
I don't want to fail or lose my dignity license,
I want to save everyone from dying; I want to stop everyone from giving up... even though that's what I do.
I'm getting rid of every form of weakness,
I'm training my soul and body to be tough...to withstand the heat from the fires.
I'll avoid the slightest show of vulnerability...it's how I got here in the first place.
I hate to feel everything, so I'd rather go through the bloody drills.

I am a soldier, so what?
I'd love to return home, I'd like to inhale the smell of new books and taste my mothers spicy jollof rice, I want to tell my survival stories to the new recruits...

But if I don't... who cares by the way?
I'd rather die a warrior than a fearful youth.

CHAPTER END
CHAPTER FOURRRRRR.
I am excited, are you?
Jollof rice is my favorite African dish so y'all might be seeing it a lot.
Please don't forget to follow, vote , read and comment on my book.
Thanks and love you.