CHAPTER FIFTEEN; ENIGMA 2

Am not so much of a tech guru, but I've got little skills in my sleeves. I investigated Tobi myself and discovered his text messages were wiped out two weeks before the incident. Tobi couldn't just bare to leave any fringes, could he?

I searched around the barracks, it took me two whole days to find a sergeant with good hacking skills.
     When we want something, we must use whatever is at our disposal to get it; so, yeah... I found a hacker from the Tango, Tolani- Tango nine who happened to be one of Tobi's roommates. After a million attempts to stop myself from contracting Tolani, I was left with no choice. Tolani was a very rude guy, his attitude made it hard for anyone to contend with him- the guy was just so annoying and the only place he seemed coordinated was on the keyboard; hacking- so I heard.

"Hey Tolani, I need your help" I said, watching him chew gum recklessly.

"Okay, sergeant" he responded with a smirk which meant  where do I know you from? Oh, you're Tobi's friend who almost took his life.

"I need you to dig up Tobi's texts...not just his texts, his erased texts" I said

"After your last misjudgment, are you sure you really want to get through with this betrayal plan of yours? Asked Tolani.

"Yes, sure... why not? Wouldn't you rather I went through with this to prove myself wrong, rather than not try at all only to end up being right? I responded to Tolani.

"Don't forget this has to be between the both of us, I know Tobi is your roommate... do not be tempted to leak this out!
Your file is clean and your acts are nonchalant and dumb, that's why am able to trust you- you could never be a suspect" I said.

"Just that? And what's in for me after all these?
We both know what you seek from me is a death sentence- once am caught digging into the personal details of sergeants and commander generals... am sure you have an idea of what could go down" said Tolani, laughing sarcastically.

"Lol, don't be bothered 'bout personal space intrusion... Tobi dug you out for me, he didn't totally care about your personal space; if that makes you feel any better" I responded chuckling.

"Life, life is all you have to gain and maintain- if Tobi is really the dark sergeant I think he is... then the life's of everyone in this barracks is in danger- our country is in danger." I said.

I walked out of his presence, unable to handle his constant gum abuse.

"Just get the work done- the results here, at noon tomorrow; if you're late I'll assume our deal has been compromised- and so I won't hesitate to eliminate you myself" I said on the move.

NOON- THE NEXT DAY.

I think I give good threats, I met Tolani waiting at the same venue as yesterday- seems like he was here earlier than fixed.

"So, do you want me to read out my findings or would you rather go through it yourself?" Asked Tolani

"Hand them over, I'll go through it" attempting to leave that atmosphere in a halted rush.

"Emmm, Willow" I heard Tolani call out to me.
"If you need help, if it means starting a war- you just let me know. I'd love to assist in taking out this trash" said Tolani in a disappointing tune.

From the way he spoke, I think my friend may have ended up being the bad guy after all.

"Hmmm" I nodded my head and smiled as I walked away.

Something in me rejoiced that my suspicions were right even though I really wanted to be wrong.
From Tolani's findings, it turns out Tobi had big heads on his side. A commander general is fighting illegally to become a Junta, he wants to rule so badly that he initiated the killings so that the current government would be laid off, thereby  enabling the military take over the country. On the other hand was some dude named "Terror" and yes... I know of his plans to discard me in a months time.

Well- I guess the cat is out of the bag or rather... out of the barracks. Leave the traitor to me!

END OF CHAPTER
TOBI is the traitor... that's sad to know.

Tolani is a character I find very intelligent and interesting even though he seemed a little annoying. In other words, there's always a good side to everyone and everything.
Please vote, read, follow and comment on this chapter. Thanks and love y'all.