CH: 20

Nishita

The wedding date was getting near, day by day. My wedding was just a week away now; It was scaring me, the way cards were already printed and sent to people. Everything felt so fast, that I almost couldn’t understand what was going on. Everything was nearing and the way everyone was just talking about my wedding only, was starting to scare me.

The way, everyone was starting to visit me and congratulate me but I had no idea how to react with these overwhelming feelings, I was just confused about what to feel anymore.

That one night, I took a step towards Seungcheol and from that day Seungcheol started talking more with me, at times I would feel overwhelmed but then I just couldn’t comprehend at times that we were going to marry and he would be my husband. The fact we would be sharing our lives soon, in a week we would marry and he would be my husband officially and not just my fiancé.

It scares me so much, thinking about how I am going to share my space with someone else, and from that very moment I won’t be alone anymore.

“Nishita!” I snapped my head and looked at Noor, “Yes?”

“Where are you lost?” I looked at her, with my confused face, “What?” I asked her back, I couldn’t understand what was she trying to say. “Nishita…” she sighed, “What happened?” I asked her, I was still confused about what was she trying to say.

“Are you stressed? Did anyone say something?” I looked at her lost, I didn’t even know from where should I start, everything was stressing me and I had no idea what to do.

“I don’t know…Noor… everything is stressing me” I looked at her, “Awww” she held my chin and pinched my nose lightly, “I know saying this probably won’t help you but I hope you will not stress a lot, and let things be the way they are. I know as a bride there are going to be so many questions inside you and the way I know you, you are stressed about everything, but you can always talk about it. I know relatives might be stressing you about everything, aunty would be telling you about the things you should do and not do, these are the things you already saw coming Nishita.” She cupped my face and I looked at her, “and as a bridesmaid, I know what are the things I need to take care of. Preparing you for the wedding is the thing I should focus on but before that, I want to take care of you and make your worries go away. I want to do as much as I can do because you’re my bestfriend. I want you to take care of yourself and your health, don’t fall sick, and don’t skip your meals because of your overthinking. I know you’re worried about the what ifs but we can’t always help about it. If there’s a doubt there is an ending for your doubt. Just the thing, is be yourself, Nishita”

We heard a knock at the door and I saw my mom. “You two always lose track of the time whenever you sit and talk” Noor smiled at my mom, I was wondering how am I going to have these talking sessions with Noor again, after getting married. “It’s almost dinner time, come and eat with us or else the food is going to be cold” we nodded.

“Let’s go.” Mom was waiting for us to join, “Will you be going back home, Noor?” I was holding her arm, my inner thoughts wanted to keep Noor by my side, I didn’t want her to leave. I wanted her to stay as much as she could because I would be left alone in darkness without her.

“Yes aunty, I will come back to stay next time” She smiled at mom, “And when is your next time?”

“Tomorrow night, after my work” She took a pause and caressed my fingers, “I will come back tomorrow, I am her bridesmaid afterall, I need to take care of her and I already booked all the appointments for her, I will take her and will give her the best beauty care before we leave for Udaipur in four days”

That’s when it hit me, we would be leaving for Udaipur in four days, and almost all the relatives would be coming days in two to three days. We went to eat dinner and I was still lost in my thoughts.

How was I going to manage everything?

Dinner went normally, it felt nice since Noor was here for dinner and I felt better, at least I was distracted by my thoughts because all of us were talking about random things. At times, it felt how nice it would have been if Noor was my sister then life would have been a bit easier.

“take care on the way Noor” I heard my mom say, she hugged my mom and came towards me, I was standing away from my mom. Noor wore her shoes, “I’ll be back tomorrow after work.” I nodded, I don’t know why I would hold her hand suddenly. “Nishita?”

“Can you not go?”
“I’ll come back tomorrow, promise.” She smiled at me and caressed my cheeks, “There are so many things we need to do and I will make sure you enjoy the whole process. Now go get some sleep tonight, we are meeting tomorrow either way.”

“Be safe on your way” she nodded at my words, “You too take care.”

I wanted to hug her tight and never let her go; she always meant a lot more than my own family to me, she meant everything to me, my bestfriend, my own sister, my own support system.
I saw her leaving and I went back to my room. For the first time, I was starting to feel lonely in my bedroom, my own comfort place, I heard a knock on the door. I turned my head to see my mom standing by the door.

She came inside and sat beside me. “Nishita” I turned to look at her, and there was a soft smile on her face, something I was not used to, and was very rare for me to see this.

“There are so many things I want to tell you” And she was caressing my hair, “but I will tell you one thing for now, I know you’re going to be someone’s wife and someone’s daughter in law but doesn’t change the fact you’re the daughter of this house and we will miss you” the moment she said this, I wanted to ask her, ‘then why are you marrying me off?’

“And I know, Seungcheol is a good guy, he would be the best husband to you and that’s why I want you to be happy in your wedding.” The way she was talking, I almost couldn’t understand why was she even saying this and why would she choose today out of all day to say all these things, when I can’t even control my own emotions. I am so vulnerable right now, I could cry any moment, even if it’s my mom who says a thing.

“Wedding is something, that will hold you two together and I hope you stay happy with Seungcheol” Her hands went down to cup my face from my hair and she kissed my forehead.

And that was it.

Tears came out, even without my permission.

I broke down.

Author’s Note:

Wedding date is closeeee, I’m gonna post them once I write, trust me I want to write as soon as possible but my academics are just pressuring me so much, like it’s the last semester and I don’t have time to even breath but writing is like my escape and I try to write but then, let’s see. Also, the chapters might be a bit long >< so hope you won’t be bored hehe

But hoping I would be having my freedom era after May huh

Happy reading :)