CH: 36

Seungcheol

Slowly, guests were leaving. I looked at people, few were enjoying themselves, few were talking with old friends maybe, but everyone looked engaged in something.

Soon, everything ended in a blink, one time, people and the next moment we were bidding goodbye to everyone. Heesung already left with dadaji, saying he needed to get some rest, then it was Noor and Jeonghan, I saw how Nishi’s face changed when Noor left. And when it was time to bid farewell to Nishi’s parents, I saw how Nishi hugged her father a little more than I expected her to. There was a smile on my face, I wished so many things for her, I just wanted to make her smile.

“We will be going then,” I told maa, “We will be home late, once everything is done, we will come. So, don’t worry and go back home then get some rest.” I nodded, and after that, Nishi got inside the car.

The whole car ride was silent, except for the slow Bollywood music accompanying us; I saw her looking out of the window at that time and then I was going through my phone and noticed tomorrow’s date.

14th February

I turned my head to look at Nishi again and saw her sleeping this time. She must have been tired today, she looked so peaceful while sleeping. I turned my head to look outside momentarily, and everything that happened during dinner hit me. The way bua was talking to her and I wanted to stand up for her but maa did, no one dared to speak after she spoke and I could see, that everyone was in shock as well including my dad. No one excepted anything like that. I was happy maa took a stand for her. My thoughts were interrupted suddenly by a weight on my shoulder, I turned to look at the right side and saw Nishi’s head resting on my shoulder.

I wanted to hold her close, I wanted to make her feel safe, I wanted to protect her from everything. I wanted to know what happened to her three years ago that she is like this now. I saw the ways her bangs were covering her face, and I wanted them not to disturb her sleep.

I had my hand near her head, trying not to touch her in case she woke up because of it. I took a deep breath, and the moment I did, I felt her snuggling closer to me. I turned to look at her again, and I just wanted to hold her tight, so that her head wouldn’t move from my shoulder and she would sleep.

Soon, we reached home, but I didn’t have the guts to wake her up. She looked tired, and I felt too sorry to wake her up like this. “Sir-” I hushed the driver and opened the door first. I picked her up carefully in my arms so that she wouldn’t be disturbed. The moment she was in my arms, I felt her snuggling closer to my chest, if only she was awake, she would’ve heard the abnormal heartbeats of mine.

Heesung opened the door and he was about to say something but he shushed himself as soon as he saw her sleeping. “She fell asleep in the car?” I nodded, “she’s okay, right?” I nodded. Heesung’s voice was so soft that I almost forgot my brother could be this soft-spoken at times. Heesung was there as well when this happened, he saw how bua was rude. Even he wanted to speak up, but maa was enough.

“Okay, then. Get some rest bhai” I nodded, and he left. I was on the stairs, taking her up to our bedroom, and felt her small movement. I halted my steps and saw she was trying to adjust her eyes to the light because it was too bright, “Seung-Seungcheol” as if she was suddenly aware of everything, “What are you doing?” her voice was low but firm, “taking you to our room”

“Let me down” I shook my head, “I won’t.” she was about to say something, “Just hold me tight” I could see the hesitation on her face. “I won’t drop you, don’t worry.” I could feel her hesitation when she held me tight.