CH: 49

Seungcheol

I was wearing white today and I wanted to apply colours on her first. I was sitting with maa in the living room, “Where’s Nishita?” I turned to look at her, “She’s in her room.”

“Arey, all your cousins are coming soon and why is she in the room? She doesn’t like Holi?” Even I didn’t know about this, “I don’t know maa” she came closer to me, “Which means you haven’t applied colours on her yet right?” I nodded, “God, Seungcheol, how can you be like this? Go apply colours on her first, it’s your first Holi together and of course, ask her if she likes this festival since others are coming.” I nodded. I took colours in my hand and went towards our room. I was about to enter and heard her soft voice, “I miss you Noor, remember how we used to celebrate Holi at my place” I heard her sigh, “I told you, nothing is going to be the same anymore. And I heard Seungcheol’s cousins were coming, which meant Somi would be here as well. I better get going, I like talking with Somi; she feels like a sister.” There was a pause, “No, no one has applied colours on me yet. okay, then bye” She probably hung up and I heard her soft sigh. I was about to enter our bedroom but I didn’t want her to know that I had accidentally heard her conversation with Noor. I wanted to text Noor and tell her to come here, I know how she might be feeling because Noor is her best friend and they used to celebrate Holi together every year.

I took out my phone from my pocket carefully, trying not to drop because I was holding colours as well then texted Noor to come here and join us and didn’t forget to mention that this was a surprise for Nishi.

I entered our room after keeping my phone inside my pocket, with my hands at my back.
“Nishi?” she kept her phone and looked up at me. She was wearing a white kurti patiyala, and she looked a different beauty. She got up and walked towards me, “Is everyone here already?” I shook my head, she was standing so close to me, that I wanted to trace her face with my fingers, after applying colours on her cheeks. I wanted to hold her face and just stare at her. I wanted to be the first one to paint her with colours.

She was about to say something and I applied colours on her cheeks, “Happy Holi Nishi” she was surprised, and her eyes widened in surprise. As if her breath was stuck, she didn’t say anything and then let out a deep breath but she had no idea how my breath was stuck looking at her. “You applied colours on me??” I nodded, “Yes. You’re my wife and I should be the one to apply colours on you first.”

“That’s unfair because I don’t have any colours with me?” She took a step towards me and came closer to me, “That’s unfair Seungcheol…” She was starting to sound down, which I didn’t want at all rather I wanted her to be happy. “Just wait.” And she went out of our room, “Heesung!!!” I heard her voice, I went to follow her. I was about to step out of our room after a while but the next thing I knew was Nishi using her hands to apply colours all over my face.

The moment I opened my eyes and saw, Heesung standing with her and laughing. She took different colours from Heesung, she took red colours just like me and then gently applied red colours on my cheeks this time, “Happy Holi Seungcheol” and she was smiling.

She then took colours and almost threw everything on Heesung’s face. I was shocked to see him like that, “You can’t do that to your crime partner Nishita” and she was already starting to take steps back, “Just wait” By then Nishi started almost running and going downstairs, and I was just looking at her as if she didn’t cover my face with colours. “Bhai, don’t you want to apply colours on her? Look at your face, fool in love” My mouth was open because I didn’t know how to respond to Heesung and I saw Nishi happy going down the stairs, “If you don’t then I will drown her in colours and you will keep on watching.” I followed Heesung, then saw Nishi almost colliding with Somi, “Nishi dyaan se!!” my voice unexpectedly came out loud and everyone started looking at me.