CH: 22

Seungcheol

“I am excited for tonight” I turned to look at Somi and smiled. “Where’s Heesung and Jeonghan?” I asked her since I didn’t see them, and Nishi was nowhere to be seen as well. I saw her smiling today, she seemed to like it, although I don’t know how much she was enjoying but she seemed to like the time she was spending with us and Heesung called her bhabi at times just to tease her and she looked surprised every time she called her ‘bhabi’ infront of anyone.

“Damn, I didn’t actually think that you would actually wear navy blue” I turned to look at Jeonghan, “See you were just asking and they are here,” Somi said and smiled. I turned to look at Heesung as well, he was wearing black kurta and it looked good on him.

“Did you meet bua?” I looked at Heesung, “bua? Now?” he nodded.

“No, I didn’t. Why?” today morning as well, she wanted to meet me exactly the moment I came to talk to Nishi before mehendi, and now? I was starting to be skeptical about it. Because she had no reason in the morning and just like that she made me late for the whole thing. “Did something happen?” I couldn’t just tell this to anyone or maybe I am just overthinking.

“I don’t know she didn’t tell me. I met her while coming here and she was searching for you.” Heesung stopped for a second, “nevermind bhai, it’s okay. Meet her after everything, it’s not like you’re missing a running train or something so it’s okay.” I nodded.

I just turned to look straight and I saw Nishi coming towards us with Noor and Ity. She was wearing a white with blue flower work lehenga, if I was correct it was georgette work and her dupatta was way too pretty to even look away. Her hair was done in half braids and it was looking pretty, because of her simple hair strands from the front. Her mehendi was looking perfect, it was rare to see her wear chokers matching her jhumka but they went well with her lehenga.

I was so mesmerized for a few moments that I almost forgot there were people around her and she was coming towards me with her two friends. “Bhai, I get it but please don’t let others see how bad down you guys are” and I snapped my head towards Heesung, I saw Jeonghan looking at Heesung as well.

Heesung was standing between us and we were just staring at us. “Abe, teri bhabi hai who kuch toh tameez kar le” (she’s your sister in law, atleast keep some decency)

“Yeah and my friend before that” and then I just turned to look at her again. Soon she was standing infront of me, she gave me a small smile. I saw Noor walking towards Jeonghan.

We sat on the sofa, and then saw our dad walking towards the stage and saying it’s finally sangeet.

Everything was going smoothly, I was worried about Nishi but she seemed to enjoy it. I mean how could she not when it was her bestfriend dancing on her sangeet? After few dance performances, it was Heesung’s turn to dance. Nishi seemed to enjoy Noor’s performances the most, Noor danced on ‘Billo Rani’ and everyone was surprised even Nishi herself. I think the smile Noor gives her no one could ever, but then I want to give her more smiles like this.

But the main fun was still left out, Heesung’s dance.

Nishi told me about the bet and told me how Heesung wanted to make her dance and he ended up losing the bet; that’s when it reminded me of the anklet I brought for Nishi and wanted to give to her as a gift and now I finally get the perfect excuse to give it to her.