CH: 11

Seungcheol

“Are you ready?” I asked her, “Almost”

“Okay, I’m already on the way. Once I reach, I’ll give you a call.”
“Okay” today was going to be nerve-wreaking, because today is our yearly party and I was going to introduce Nishi as my fiancée. Everyone would be there, I already told her this party is not very formal since she was asking me what to wear.

It was colder than yesterday, it was around 7°C yesterday and it was around 5°C right now. it won’t be cold once we are inside but the cold winds weren’t helping at all. It didn’t take a lot of time to reach Nishi’s place.

I gave her a call “Are you here?”
“Yes”

“I’m coming down” and she hung up.

I saw her coming towards my car, she was fully covered in her white coat, and she had her hair tied up in a little messy bun making her look elegant. Her pearl earrings and pearl necklace added a lot to that, she was looking pretty.

Come to think of it, I didn’t even get to see her dress. She was walking carefully but a little fast. I got out of my car, and went to open the door for her, “thank you” once she got in, I got inside as well.

She looked cold, I had the heater on already hoping she would feel better. “Are you okay?” she nodded. I was wondering if we were back to no talking or few words terms?

“Is this enough warm for you?” she nodded again, and I saw her unbuttoning her coat. “Yes. It’s fine.”

“Ready to go?” she nodded and I started driving. Once, I took a U-Turn, her dress caught my attention. She was wearing an olive-green silk dress, it had a sweetheart neckline and it was sleeveless, more like only two straps which were holding the dress and the pearl necklace was making adding more elegancy to her. I played some music and I saw her being on her phone. It was dead silence and there was only music as our company.

I wanted to ask her if she was okay with the music but then I couldn’t decide if I should ask her or not. Well, what more can happen, either she would just reply and we will end the conversation or we will continue to talk a little bit.

“Are you liking these songs?” I tried to sound casual despite whatever I was feeling inside. “Yes, I like them” We passed through a tunnel and I was glad my small smile went unnoticed by her. “That’s good, which genre of songs do you listen to usually?” as least she was talking after trying so many times. Trying to text her randomly and getting late replies was a good sign that she didn’t want to talk a lot.

“I almost listen to all genres, but I am not a jazz person. I like R&B the most and ballads. Pop was there with me forever and not to forget old Bollywood songs.” A smile spread across my smile, thinking Nishi enjoyed old songs. Old songs were something I loved a lot specially the songs from the 2000s they were gold.

I had a thought and I switched to my desi playlist, and the first song which played was ‘Uska hi banana’ My eyes were focused on the road but her little head snap towards me didn’t go unnoticed by me, I was glad she liked the song. This was one sign for it. I saw her turning her head, towards the window again.

We reached, and I got out of my car. I saw her buttoning up her coat first and fixing everything. Once she was done, I got out and went to open her door, somewhere I didn’t want anyone to open the car’s door for her except me. She stepped out of the car carefully, I gave her my hand, hoping she would take it; this was out of courtesy but we also had to be like this infront of others.

“I hope everything will be okay” she gave me a tight smile, this was the first time in tonight,that she had spoken to me first. “it will be okay”