CH: 40

Nishita

I was just sitting on my bed and waiting for Noor. I looked at my room and realized how different it was feeling, I missed it so much. These eight days were different, and I missed my room so much. I turned to look at my right side to see my teddy bear on the bed and it reminded me how I left one back in Seungcheol’s bed. I just wished he wouldn’t just remove them since I was not there.

“Nishita!!!” I turned to look at her, she came inside and then I got up and hugged her tight. I missed her so much and it was barely a week since I last saw her. I missed her so much, I couldn’t even explain in words. “Nishita…” her voice was soft as if she realized what was going on inside me.

I let go of her and looked at her, “what…” I shook my head, “wanna go to rooftop?” she nodded and I smiled at her, “Let’s go” I held her hand and took her to the rooftop.

Once we were there, we sat on the chairs there. She looked at me and smiled, “Are you okay?” I didn’t know how to say, and from where should I start and what to tell her?

I nodded, “You told me, you wanted to talk about something yesterday?” I nodded, “First tell me, how are you doing Noor?” she tilted her head, “Me?” I nodded.

“I am doing good, just waiting for the companies to accept me, since I want to change my current company,” she told me, she was applying for new companies and I knew something good would happen soon because her current job is making her overwork.

“Now it’s your turn, what’s going on Nishita?” I took a deep breath and looked at her, “I don’t know from where to start but” she looked serious, “I don’t know how to react to anything. These eight days, I spent… a lot of things happened between me and Seungcheol” I was about to say more but she cut off looking excited, “What did you guys-

“No, listen.” I took a deep breath and she knew I wasn’t joking anymore. “He is nice, just like you said, Noor. He is too nice for me, he helps me as well. He has been helpful and nothing else but you know, on 14th, we went out for dinner right?” she nodded, I told her about the dinner and told her that the place was pretty but didn’t tell her the details about the bouquet. “The bouquet…. Those six gerberas meant, ‘I’m falling for you’” She was surprised, “WHAT?”

She cut me off, “I told you, since our trip, he likes you, he liked you but you never wanted to believe me.”

“Noor, flowers can’t determine and how do I believe that he likes me, or how do I even believe anyone could possibly like me?” And her hands found mine, “Noor, how can I even believe anyone? I know Seungcheol is my husband and I need to live with him, stay with him, and trust him, but I don’t even know anything. I know how I have been trying to avoid the fact about the flowers, I don’t know where to start, I want to tell him I can’t like anyone or love anyone, I don’t want to fall in love with anyone because in the end of the day it’s gonna come back to hurt you like there’s no tomorrow and I can’t break myself all over again” I felt her pulling me closer and hug me tight, “I can’t lose myself all over again, I can’t just let-

“Shhhh” she caressed my hair, “Don’t hold onto your past like that, not everyone is like him and Seungcheol is different than Karan, Nishita. Not everyone is the same, if they were then Seungcheol would’ve been like that as well, and Heesung, Jeonghan everyone”

“Nishita, he likes you genuinely as a person, and trust comes up with a lot of things and you know you have to live with him right?” I nodded in her embrace, “Try taking small steps like opening up, and if he likes you then he will not make you uncomfortable. And these are the stages, Nishita, and of course, trust doesn’t come up like that. It’s just been eight days and it might feel too fast but at times, it takes even four seconds to fall in love.” Love, this word scared me the most and I wasn’t ready for any of it.