CH: 43

Seungcheol

I heard the door open and turned to look at Nishi’s dad standing and smiling at us, “She’s sleeping?” I nodded, “It’s almost five forty-five. When did she sleep?” he was almost whispering, “Almost two hours ago” he nodded, “Wake her up soon, her mom is making tea, do you want tea or coffee?”

“Coffee” I smiled at him, “Okay, bring her as well then.” I nodded. Her dad closed the door very slowly, I turned to look at her and I didn’t know how to wake her up. I was too scared to wake her up because of the way she looked at peace.

I took a deep breath, “Nishi” my voice was too low, “Nishi” I called her again and I was feeling guilty for waking her up like this, “Nishi, wake up” and then I saw her eyes moving slowly, soon she tried to open her eyes slowly, glad the curtains were on and there wasn’t light, it was dim.

She turned her head to look at me, and the way she was looking at me, I just wanted to tell her to keep looking at me like this for the rest of my life. She looked taken aback and tried to say something, but I was already lost in her, not knowing how to respond if she asked me anything.

“Seung-cheol”
“Hmm?” her head slightly touched my shoulder, and her sleepy voice was too low.

“You need to wake up” I was almost about to add one more word but I held back, I am nowhere near to calling her ‘jaan’ or ‘love’
“Wake up?” her voice was still low and as soon as I nodded, she pulled herself back to the position she was in before dozing off; I held her arm before she could run away “I slept on your shoulder again?” she had no idea what was she doing to me, the whole fact she finds it comfortable enough to fall asleep on my shoulder was making me smile from inside and happy. As a guy, I would always want my woman to feel safe and protected with me.

“I am so-”
“Yes, and it’s okay.” She stopped talking, “You fell asleep and you can do it again, there’s no need to be sorry.” I wanted her to feel comfortable, “And before you could say anything further, let me tell you dad came to call us for evening snacks, and your coffee is getting ready as well, so freshen up” She didn’t move rather kept on looking at me, “What happened?”

“How can you be so calm like this, I literally fell asleep on your shoulder… for like two hours or something isn’t it hurting? You could’ve woken me up and I don’t even remember falling asleep” She paused for a second, and I cut her off “And why should I?” I took a deep breath, “I would rather do anything than wake you up while sleeping.” Because you look at peace when you sleep and god forbid me to wake you up or disturb you.

And I can’t tell her that I didn’t come to her bedroom to rest, I wanted her to rest, so i brought her here. 

“Sleep is important, and before you say anything again, let me tell you that it looks like you got your power nap, so go freshen up” I almost shooed her away from the bed. She gave me one last look and went to the bathroom. I got down and went to the balcony and saw how the sky looked pretty today. Looking at the sky, I realized why would Nishi say this is her favorite spot, the sky was the best companion when you wanted to be alone.

“Seungcheol?” I turned to look at Nishi, her hair was tied in a high ponytail now, long gone was her messy bun. “Done?” she nodded at my words.

“Let’s go” She nodded and we went to the living room and saw her mom and dad seated there, “Come sit, I will bring your coffee” Nishi went to sit beside her dad and I sat next to her, “Looks like you slept well” she tilted her head while talking to her dad, “What do you mean by that?” and there was a smile on my face because I knew why would her dad ask her that.