CH: 41

Seungcheol

My alarm started ringing and I woke up, realizing, I was holding Nishi’s teddy bear tightly. The moment I realized, I let go of the teddy bear and got up abruptly. I didn’t know how to react, to what I was doing. I closed my eyes for a second and recalled the way I got up in the middle of the night and held her teddy bear,

“Goodnight Nishi, hope you don’t have trouble sleeping, and it seems like you left a piece of you for me in this big bedroom. The fact, this whole bedroom feels empty without you now as if it wasn’t empty before you came into my life”

I facepalmed myself, recalling every single word I said to this teddy bear at night. My alarm started ringing again, startling me. I checked today’s schedule first and then went to freshen up. I decided to work out and then take a shower.

The whole time I was thinking about Nishi, my mind was stuck on how she does things every morning and unknowingly I was starting to miss her as if there was an attachment building between us, from my side atleast. Today she would be coming back home with me, I can’t lie by saying I wasn’t looking forward to her coming home.

“Seungcheol?” I got startled because of dad’s voice, “Yes?”

“Why aren’t you eating?” I looked at my plate, upma was untouched and I nodded, “I am” and started eating. “You would be going to Nishita’s home today, right?” I nodded and looked at dadaji, “So, you already checked the things due today.” I nodded, “And your father will manage other things for today, just give him the files.”

“They are with my secretary, he will give you all the details and the files that are needed for the meeting.” He nodded and smiled. After that, everyone was eating peacefully but my mind was somewhere else and suddenly my mind went to my mom’s words of that day when Nishi left, “Something is changing” I tilted my head, “The feelings inside you” Her eyes held me and she smiled at me. “I can feel it Seungcheol.”

Then I realized how I was behaving since she wasn’t here, I would randomly hold her plushies and then look at the books she brought here.

After breakfast, I got ready. I wore a blue shirt and blue jeans, but when I walked over to the mirror, I looked at myself and then suddenly I felt like wearing a kurta. I didn’t know what was I thinking while walking towards the closet again and then took out the kurta set I hadn’t worn yet. After changing, I looked at myself again and knew something was going on with me.

I walked over to my study table, I needed to check the last-minute things and then send it to dad and my secretary for today’s meeting. As soon as I walked towards the study table, my eyes went towards the sketchbook; that was the moment I realized it was Nishi’s sketchbook and no matter how badly I wanted to see her sketches because Heesung even loved them but I didn’t want to open it without her consent. I looked at the sketchbook and touched it, “I will wait till the day she is comfortable enough to show me herself” then picked up my Mac, and got my work done as soon as possible.

After everything was done, I took my car keys and went downstairs. “You’re going?” I turned to look at maa and Heesung. I nodded, “Be safe on your way.”

The whole drive was just me and music, it wasn’t very cold today but it was still cold. This was my very first time going to Nishi’s house after our marriage and I don’t remember when was the last time I visited.

After parking, I went towards the door. I needed to ring the bell but I was nervous. I took a deep breath and rang the bell. The door opened in less than seven seconds and I saw Nishi’s face. She was surprised and taken aback. “Who’s it, Nishita?” She was wearing a black hoodie and her printed woolen pants, her hair was done into a messy bun, her bangs looked cute, and wearing cute black framed specs. She was holding a pencil, “Nishita? Who’s at the door?” I heard her mom’s voice.