CH: 39

Seungcheol

Today was 19th and today Nishi would be going back to her home for three days because of Pagphera. In this, the bride returns to her family home and stays there for about three days. Some think that since women are extensions of Goddess Lakshmi, they must come home temporarily after the wedding to bring prosperity to their parents. Once the period is over, the groom takes the bride back to his home, but not before getting blessings from his in-laws.

These eight days with her were something which made me feel so many things and now she was leaving. For the past few days, I was almost getting used to her and now, she was leaving, the thoughts were making me feel the void already.

I was feeling conflicted, more conflicted than the moment I decided to give her the bouquet of six gerberas.

After the breakfast, Nishi was going through her books, standing near the bookshelf “Are you searching for something?” she turned to look at me. “Nothing in particular” and she started going through her books again.

It felt like her behavior was changing a bit, since that night I gave her flowers. I doubt she got to know the meaning of the flowers but it felt like she was willing to open up a bit, atleast sharing a few things. She would ask for help when she needed, she would ask me about the office and she would randomly start telling me about her co-workers. 

I walked towards her, “Can’t decide what to read?” and she turned to look at me, “Yes” and I was just looking at her.

Who needs a book if I could read her.

It felt like the time could stop here, and I would just look at her and she could just keep on blinking her eyes and look at me. I would love to get lost in this moment, forever.

A knock interrupted the whole moment, “Nishita?” and we turned to look at the door because of the voice. She walked towards the door and I looked at her walking from there. “Jiju?” I heard the voice and saw Nishi hugging Ayushi tight. Ayushi let go of Nishi and smiled at me. “Nishita looks fine, seems like you’re keeping her happy.” I was flustered by her words, “Well” I paused thinking what to say, “had to keep her happy so that she won’t go back to her home upset” Nishi turned to look at me. I couldn’t read her expressions but there was something.

But in my defense, I didn’t lie, I would never want her to get upset and leave me like this, like today. “But jiju, you have to say bye to her because she won’t be coming until you go and bring her back” and she smiled at Nishi. “Are you ready?” Nishi nodded.

“Good, then let’s go downstairs” Nishi went to bring her bag and looked at me before holding Ayushi’s hands and she dragged Nishi away from me. I started following them. I saw her another cousin who was talking with everyone. We joined them, “Nishita” dadaji called her first and she went straight to him. “Come back fast, we are going to miss you” and I don’t think I am the only one who is going to miss her. Ever since she joined, it felt like the addition of one more member brought more smiles to this family.

“Yes” she smiled at him and soon she took the blessing and we went to see her off. Before she could leave, I wanted to tell her to take care, “Nishi” she turned to look at me, and I didn’t know what to say “what happened?” she walked towards me and I was searching for a reason to let out. “I was saying…” and almost everyone turned to look at me. “I was asking…” she tilted her head, “you took your phone right?” she nodded.

“I did” maa slightly hit my arm, “Good then, bye” she waved at us and I saw her leaving.

It felt weird to say goodbye to her, it felt like I wanted her to tell me, ‘see you soon’ but she just waved and left as if she was telling me to deal with it and miss her more but she won’t come.

Maa closed the door and turned to look at me, “that was lame, Seungcheol. If you wanted to tell her anything, you could’ve just told her” We were walking towards the living room, “I didn’t know what to say and there was nothing to tell her anyways” she held my arm, before I could go towards the stairs, “Seungcheol?” I looked at her, “Something is changing” I tilted my head, “the feelings inside you” her eyes held me and she smiled at me. “I can feel it Seungcheol.” I was unable to answer, because I didn’t know myself, what were the things I was feeling right now and why. “Nothing changed maa, everything’s same.” She was about to say something but I cut her off, “I would be going back to the office in the second half today, I need to check a few things.” I smiled and left her there.

The moment I opened the door of my room, I spotted her plushies on the bed, she left her two plushies here with me. I walked towards them, and sat on the bed. it felt like her scent was still lingering there, I looked over those two plushies, one teddy bear, another a cute rabbit. I picked up the teddy bear, “So, what am I going to do for three days now?” I looked at it, as if it would give me some reply and then I realized that I was practically talking to a teddy bear… how could I be like this?

I didn’t know how long I was holding the teddy bear and looking at it, as it reminded me of her. My phone started ringing, I was startled and kept the teddy bear on the bed and picked up the call.

“You’re coming to the office in the second half right?”
“yes, I will be coming.”

“That’s good then since you have to attend one meeting with our PR Team”
“Okay”

After hanging up I looked at the teddy bear and didn’t know what to do. I took out my phone and somehow my fingers were hovering over the screen which had her name. I wanted to ask her if she reached or not, I mean she would’ve reached safely yet I wanted to ask her.

Nishita

“Did you tell Noor, that you’re coming back home?” I nodded and smiled at Ayushi. “I would be meeting Noor tomorrow” and I needed to talk to her about Seungcheol. I needed someone to hear my thoughts, specially after that night.

That bouquet of flowers might change everything, and it was the same night we became mutuals on Instagram and I saw him sharing a story, and it was a kind of our picture.

The whole feeling of anyone liking me genuinely… was bringing so many locked memories and somewhere my heart knew Seungcheol… is different. I needed to think and some time away from Seungcheol and I think this was the time. I needed some time alone with myself.

Because I still didn’t know how to react about those six gerberas.

If anyone asked me, how was I feeling?

I was confused.

Author’s Note:

I didn’t proof read this yet :< but hope you liked this chapter~

Happy reading:)