CH: 33

Seungcheol

We walked towards my room after the breakfast was done. I got inside after she entered our room, “The kheer was good but you barely ate anything” I noticed she didn’t even eat half a bowl of kheer, she barely had three to four spoons. She turned to look at me, “Thank you but I don’t like sweets, more like sweet desserts as well.” That was something new for me, I didn’t know she didn’t like sweets, as far as I remember, she liked gulab jamun, that’s what Noor said.

I looked at the time, it was already 9 am and I had to check a few office things since I was on leave. I had to check everything because the board meeting was a few months apart, and I had to nail it.

“I see” and that’s how our conversation ended, I was about to walk towards the study table to bring my Mac but heard a knock, I turned to look at my dad standing. “Dad” I walked towards him and he came inside, “papa” I turned to look at Nishi, “You both are busy?” she shook her head, “No, come inside”

“I just came to talk with Seungcheol.” She nodded and walked towards the closet, it was just me and dad, “you have a meeting to attend today?” I nodded, “So hear me out now, it was something me and papa talked about yesterday night.” I was waiting for him to complete, “The board meeting would take place in October” I nodded, “And papa would be retiring so I would be taking up his place, as the chairman and you need to get votes in your favor so get the CEO position.” I took a deep breath and nodded, well this was the whole reason for marriage right?

“Once you return to the office, you will review the list of major shareholders again.” I nodded, “Okay”

“I came to tell you this” I nodded at his words, “Take care Seungcheol” I nodded and he left, and then I saw Nishi come out with a sketchbook and a book. She walked towards the bed, “do you read?” she turned to look at me, and nodded. “When I get time, I love to read. They have been my escape since I was a kid.”

“And she used to rearrange her favorite books and keep them at the back so that no one else could take them away and she would just reissue them again and again” Nishi’s head snap was faster than mine, “Heesung!!!” she kept her stuffs on the bed and walked towards him. “What? Tell me I am wrong??” and she couldn’t reply to him, “You did that and you probably still have a book somewhere here, did you not unpack them yesterday?” she shook her head, and turned to look at me, “Bhai, how can you be like this, did you not give her space to keep her books and sketchbook?” I didn’t even know, about them.

“I didn’t unpack everything yet, I just unpacked my clothes and a few essentials, that’s it.” Her voice was soft, it’s always so soft while talking to Heesung and it was softer when they were talking in the kitchen about something; that’s when it hit me how he didn’t let me enter the kitchen today, and I asked maa about some rule he blabbered, it never existed. I just wanted to see Nishi cook, I just wanted to know what she was making. I walked towards him, and hit him on his shoulder slightly, “Why are you hitting me?” Nishi turned to look at me as if I committed some crime. “He didn’t let me inside the kitchen in the names of rules and stuff which never existed” Nishi was about to say something but Heesung was quick, “I just wanted you to wait for your kheer and who knows you could’ve disturbed Nishita while she was making kheer”

“You watched her making kheer?” I was surprised because I thought Heesung just went inside to check and they were just talking, who knew he was there by her side the whole time? “Yes, I was there and helped her.”

“You didn’t help me at all, rather you were having fun” and was I jealous that Heesung watched her making kheer, literally the first thing she cooked here? and I couldn’t?