𝐗𝐗𝐈.

*excuse any mistakes*THE NEXT DAY, [DECEMBER 25TH 🎄,9:12 AM

THE NEXT DAY,
[DECEMBER 25TH 🎄,
9:12 AM.]

DOVANI WOULD BE LYING if she said today didn't make her nervous or full with jitters. But the feeling of the holiday, soothed her nerves down just a bit. Over the years, it was just her and her sister. Quincy never celebrated Christmas with them, he claimed there was some business he had to attend.

The one good thing, coming from this christmas, she definitely wasn't alone. She had Semaji, her sister and her mother was finally healthy and moving around more.

Sitting around the tree, it was way too early for Dovani's liking but she wasn't going to let her hatered for mornings ruining christmas for the kids. Holding the phone camera up as MaKenna and Sahaji open gifts, shouting and showing eachother their gifts.

Since they were close in age, they were different but liked mostly the same things.

Semaji didn't even hide that he was tired, he was knocked out on the couch, mouth open and everything.

"Oh my- boy, get up!" She smacked his stomach and just snorting, jumping up.

"I'm up!" Semaji yelled, making the kids laugh. She shook her head, handing him the phone. "Hold this."

He held the phone, appearing under the tree in the frame, her mother sat admiring the kids, not really saying a word. Dovani grabbed a gift that was neatly wrapped and handed it to her mother.

"Here, ma."

"Oh, Vani, I told you not to get me anything." She shook her head, reluctantly grabbing the gift that Dovani held out to her. She ripped the paper carefully, revealing a necklace that was made of diamonds and pearled crafted. The dangling was a blinged out spelling of her name. Her mother began getting teary eyed, quickly wiping the emotions away.

"Thank you, babygirl." Dovani and her mother exchanged a long hug, taking in the warmth of each others arms. As mother and daughter shared a soft embrace, the ticking of the watch seemed to echo the rhythm of their hearts – a reminder of the timeless bond they shared, and the precious gift of love that would always endure.

"My two favorites getting along. How sweet." Semaji commented in the background, making Dovani roll her eyes and her mother laugh.

"Oh shut up," She grabbed two gifts that were hidden behind the tree and handed them to the kids. "Here guys, open this one next."

MaKenna and Sahaji wasted no time in ripping the wrapping paper and throwing it all over the place, along with the other paper. The two unfolded onesies that said "Best Auntie" and "Best Uncle Ever." Dovani and Semaji thought it would be the perfect time to reveal to people other than Semaji that she was pregnant. She felt that her baby was safe, and out of harms way, it was safe to announce it to her loved ones.