Five

Five

Kamari

The crowd went wild as the train pulled onto the luxurious-looking station. The extravagantly dressed people screamed and waved and fainted at the sight of the victors who sat in separate compartments of the train, designated to their respective districts. The tributes waved, making the cheering louder. The train took a sharp right throwing the tributes onto the cushions of the seats. On the station, Kamari and Keith could see the other victors through the hordes of people being held back by fences. Peacekeepers lined up, flanking them as they moved out of the station. Black cars waited outside as the tributes were seated in the cars marked with a symbol of their district. The cars started moving as the mentors were escorted off to the press area.

Kamari and Keith sat next to each other, looking out their windows to find hordes of capitol citizens waving and screaming. Kami wondered if she would react the same way if she was in their place. Guess she would never find out. She leaned forward having a great idea. "Does the roof open?" She questioned the man in sunglasses, who wasn't driving. He looked at her in question before clicking a button on the console above him as the sunlight filtered into the car.

Kamari stood up as flowers and confetti rained down into the car. She could see people crying with joy and waving and screaming at her. Between the boards of praise cheers for the former victors, were boards of 'Miss you's and 'stop the games'. These did not evade her attention but she chose to ignore them for the time being. Kamari waved back to some off the people, some men and women fainting at her attention. She could see her face plastered on one of the giant screens. Next to her waving and smiling face were the words, 'Kamari Grey, heartthrob and the jewel of Panem, finally at the Capitol.'

She tried to catch some of the flowers, as someone threw a glistening bouquet at her. She caught the bunch of white roses, her lips setting in a thin line, eyes wide as she read the note attached to it. 'I love you, Kami. These are a token of my love.' Smiling, she blew the man a kiss as he fainted on the woman next to him, she ushed him off her as Kami laughed a little. Just as they approached the tribute centre, the sunglasses man told her that she needed to settle down. She blew a few more kisses before shouting, "I love you, people of the capitol."

Just as the roof closed over, they were plunged into darkness as the cars moved underground. The driver took a sharp turn, moving away from the other cars, Keith looked at Kamari in confusion but she was already in a state of silent panic. "No." Kami whispered quietly as the car was stopped by a bunch of peacekeepers. Just as the car stopped the sunglasses man was pulled out. The men in white pushed him onto the ground with a gun pointed to his head.

"Wait no, stop." Kami stumbled out of car. "Please, please, please. Don't do this." She said as she fell to her knees. "Sorry, little girl. President's orders." He said as the shot rang echoed through the basement as Kami squeezed her eyes shut. One of them stepped forward and grabbed her by the arms, "Let's go." She said through the mask. "Hey, don't touch her." Keith shouted, lunging at the peacekeeper. Another peacekeeper picked the thrashing man up before the two tributes of district 10 were taken to their floor.

---

"Where is she?" A loud voice sounded through the floor as a spaced-out Kamari was forced out of the elevator followed by a now placated Keith. "Finnick?" She questioned as the blonde man turned to look at her. She ripped her arm out of the peacekeeper. Kamari ran to Finnick, wrapping her arms around his neck. His fingers threaded through her hair, holding onto her for dear life. One peacekeeper stepped forward to pull the young tribute away from the blonde. Just as the man's hand touched her, Finnick turned her away from him. "Don't. Touch. Her." He stated, anger dripping from each word.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, inhaling her scent. "They killed him." She choked out. "It's ok. We'll do this later. They're watching." He whispered back, rubbing her back. "Let them." She buried her face into his shoulder. She was shaking and Finnick had to control the urge to break the peacekeeper's nose.

"We got it." The older man's voice sounded through as the peacekeepers filed out of the room. "Matt." she said, pulling away from Finnick. She ran to him, hugging him, tears falling from her eyes again. "They killed him. Right in front of us. He didn't even do anything." She sobbed into his shoulder. "It's ok. It's ok." He said as he continued as he petted the back of her head.

Once she had calmed down, the 4 of them sat around the couch, Matt had long dismissed all the avoxs in the room and checked the room for bugs. The group talked about everything but the reason why they were there or what had happened.

---

I have to say.

I'm horrible

I forgot again

And I am incredibly sorry

I DO love you guys

please forgive me

😃

Also both Keith and Finnick being Kamari's body guards is my most favorite thing ever.

I love the <3