seven

Seven

Kamari

"It's been 4 days. Usually, by this time, tomorrow the games would start." Matt said, running a frustrated hand through his hair. "But we don't even know when the tribute parade is." Alia spoke up from the couch. "Yes, thanks for the input, Alia." The brunette sassed back. "Oh, I'm sorry for trying to sort all the fucking information." The blonde shot back. "Mike, Lia, please behave." Trixie said from her spot on the couch, sipping her third martini of the day.

"Do we have any information, Joey?" Kamari questioned the mob of striking red hair. "I tried to few of my contacts, but nothing. It's like walking in a barren desert full of landmines." He stated, falling back onto the couch. "Why the landmines?" Keith questioned. "Cause, we can no longer be sure of anyone's loyalty. I mean, hell, we are prime examples." An annoyed Joey said, his voice louder than usual. Kami jumped at him, covering his mouth. "Watch your mouth, before you get all of us killed, Joe." She seethed.

"Let's not kill each other before the arena, or whatever comes after that." Trixie said, mumbling the last part. "Trix, please stop worrying." Matt said, holding her head up to him. All the other children looked away, not wanting to intrude of this private yet somehow confusing moment. "We have thought this through over and over again. The plans full proof. Nothing's gonna happen." Matt kissed the top of her head as Kamari looked across them at Keith in confusion. She raised an eyebrow at him but he just shrugged in response.

An avox walked in making all of go silent, the young man awkwardly walked to Joey before handing him an envelope. She moved to Kamari handing her two separate letters before silently walking out of the room. "My time to shine." Joey exclaimed before Kami could even read the names on the envelope. He jumped off the couch in front of the TV. "So, here's what we know so far. The riot in 11 during Bow-girl and lover boy's victory tour set Snow on edge. That much was established, but here's the cherry on top,"

"You're enjoying this too much, Joe." Matt cautioned as joey swatted in his general direction before continuing. "As I was saying, cherry on top. The riots didn't die down. They only grew. The people of 11 forced peacekeepers into hiding before the Capitol retaliated. So, long story short, they don't have the man power to conduct a tribute parade right now." Joey finished with a flourish as Kamari snorted at his enthusiasm over something so morbid.

While chatter rose from the remained of the group, Kami flipped over the first letter to find the familiar cursive spelling her name on the front. Panic flooded her veins as she took in deep breath, running a slender finger under the flap of the envelope.

𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘺. 

 9 𝘗𝘔 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘵. 𝘋𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴. 

 𝘈 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 

 --𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘊. 𝘚𝘯𝘰𝘸

A gush of breath left her as Matt turned to look at her from his place in the middle of the argument. "Hey, what's wrong?" He said, kneeling in front of her at moment's notice. He held her face in his hands, making her distant eyes focus on him. "S-snow wa-wants to see me." She stuttered out, still not quite focusing on Matt's face. "Shit." A voice sounded from the back of the room, but wasn't quite sure who it was. "Let's all be calm." Mike's voice sounded

"I'm sure it's just a friendly visit." A posh accent sounded, Trixie. "Yeah, they are both gonna sit and sip tea, until Kami 'accidently' chokes and dies." Keith exclaimed, not calm at all. "Okay, everyone shut up." Matt said, breaking the fast chain of comments. "She's a tribute now. He can't hurt her." Matt said to them before turning to her. "Do you want to go?"