Chapter 18: Who are you?

TW: needle, weapons

Pov Wanda

I close my laptop, finished with work today. I started a little earlier, so I could finish a little earlier. Y/n is still at her job and I have around an hour before she comes home.
So far, she seems really happy with her job and I am happy for her. She told me that she is having lunch with some people from work and I am glad she found people she gets along with.

I get up and walk into the kitchen to look through our cabinets and the fridge. We should definitely go grocery shopping again. I go back to where my laptop and notepad are and start writing down what we need.
When I have an idea, I smile and write down the ingredients to y/n's favorite pasta sauce. She's been pretty exhausted when she came home during the last week, which is relatable because she didn't work eight hours before, only four.

So, I think she will be excited about her favorite pasta. I bring the list into the kitchen and search my pockets for my phone to send her a quick message that I'm gonna go to the store, just in case she comes home a little earlier.

But my phone isn't in my pocket and I remember that I left it on the table in our bedroom. I walk back and grab it from the table and sit down on the bed. A huff escapes me when I see I got a few emails from work that I need to take care of tomorrow.
Sometimes I wonder if these people ever stop working. I read what it's about when I suddenly get a strange feeling in my gut.

Something feels wrong but I can't tell what. I listen to myself but can't figure it out. Maybe I am just a little paranoid. I try to shrug it off and ignore the feeling and open the messenger.

Suddenly I sense something behind me and just as I am about to react, a needle is stuck inside me and something gets injected into me.
I wanna fight but my muscles suddenly get very heavy and my mind a little hazy. Now I hear multiple steps around me and see three men in the apartment.

How did they get in here without me hearing them? Shouldn't I have at least heard them break down the door?

One of them pulls me up and I try to fight it but my muscles don't listen to me anymore. The phone drops to the ground, sliding away. I try to move my fingers to throw something at the men but it feels like I am not owner of my body anymore. I also can't think of anything else to do and every little action I am able to do, doesn't affect the men.

My legs start to give in and the man in front of me catches me, holding me up a little. I internally scream at him to let me go but my tongue feels numb, as well as my lips. I see one of the other men open my drawers and taking a few hoodies and sweatpants and if I would be able to move, I would have frowned. What kind of robbery is this?

The third man comes to me and puts one of my arms over his shoulder while the other is lifted onto the shoulder of the first man. I wanna kick and curse them but I am not able to do any of that.
They start dragging me out of the room and into the hallway. Since it's a little small for three people, one of the men runs into our shoe rack and one shoe falls onto the ground but he only curses a little and follows the first man.

They somehow manage to bring me downstairs and when I see a black van on the street, my heart drops. I don't wanna be kidnapped! I need to get out of here right now!

But my limbs still don't listen to me and I am thrown into the van, my body hitting the floor but I barely feel that. The backdoor is closed and it's completely dark. Fear rises inside me as I hear them get into the front seats. Shit!

Then my thoughts dart to another topic and I feel my chest tightening.
Y/n.
She's gonna come home in a bit, just to find an empty apartment. What is she gonna think? She might freak out and have a panic attack. I don't want to be the reason she has a panic attack, even if it's not really my fault but still. She doesn't know what happened, how would she?