Chapter 57: I do

Pov y/n

"Let's get to the reason why we are all here. The rings please." Tony says and Laura gets up and brings him the rings. I only see that from my peripheral because my eyes are still locked with Wanda's.
Wanda blindly holds out her hand, so Tony gives her the ring.

"Do you, Wanda Maximoff, take the here present y/n Romanoff to be your lawfully wedded wife and promise to love and honor her through sickness and through health until death do you apart?" He asks and Wanda nods along with his words before answering.

"I do." She says and her voice is a little shaky with excitement.

I follow her movement as she puts the ring on my finger and a new wave of excitement hits me. When Wanda looks back up at me again, her eyes hold so much love that I almost get dizzy from the sight. But I manage to take my eyes off her to get the ring from Tony.

"Do you, y/n Romanoff, take the here present Wanda Maximoff to be your lawfully wedded wife and promise to love and honor her through sickness and through health until death do you apart?" Tony asks me and I almost interrupt him, wanting to say yes right away.

"I do." I answer and slide the ring onto Wanda's finger before taking her hands in mine again. My heart beats in my chest and I am almost certain, that it's loud enough for everyone else to hear.

"Is there anyone who is against this bond? They may speak up now or be silent forever." Tony asks and I glance around the room, almost scared that someone wants to interject.
Even though I know that Wanda would beat their ass and we would continue but still. But no one speaks up and I look back at Wanda, who gives me the biggest smile.

"Then it's my honor, to now announce you: wife and wife. You may kiss now." Tony says and only for a second it sounds like he is about to cry as well.

My hands instantly wrap around Wanda's neck while hers find my waist and she pulls me into her.
Our lips crash together and my body fills with millions of butterflies.
Pure happiness and contentment fills my body as our lips move together perfectly.
We don't deepen the kiss, but my lips stay on hers for a while, not ready to break the kiss yet.
This is it, I just got married to the love of my life!

When we do pull away, Wanda's eyes shine as bright as never before and her smile is almost too wide for her face. But I bet that I don't look very different. Wanda pulls me towards her again but only with one arm, so we can face the guests.

Everyone cheers, claps and whistles and I am certain: this is the happiest moment of my life.
My hand drops to take Wanda's and she intertwines our fingers and I can feel the ring on hers, making me almost squeal with happiness.

We slowly walk down the aisle again and out of the room to the reception hall. Here is more room and soon after, everyone else follows.
Mom is the first one in line to congratulate us. There are still a few tears in her eyes but also a big smile. She hugs me tightly and kisses my temple before hugging Wanda and doing the same.

"Congratulations you too! I wish you only the best and that your married life will be full of beautiful moments together." She says and I smile at her.

"Thank you, Mom."

"Yes, thank you, Nat." Wanda says and Mom takes both our hands and gives them a little squeeze before stepping aside and allowing the next people to congratulate us.

For the next ten minutes we are occupied with being congratulated and hugging and thanking people. During all that time, Wanda never leaves my side and most of the time, has her hand placed on my waist when we aren't currently hugging someone.