The JJ Wake-Up

The four of them had slept on the pullout since it was the only bed that wasn't covered in trash and shit that JJ and John B hadn't gotten around to cleaning up. Kie had JJ coiled within her legs, his head laying on her stomach with his arms wrapping around. Not that she minded while fast asleep. Pope and John B on the other hand, had what looked like a blanket war. Pope was as sprawled out as he could be with John B almost completely wrapped like a cocoon. Neither of them having enough blanket to cover them both. It was just snores for a good while.

John B awoke to the rooster right outside his window. He carefully yielded the blanket to Pope. His decision was met immediately with regret as apparently the blanket was the only thing keeping him on the bed. Pope gladly accepted the blanket and left John B to fall on the floor.

"Fuck!" He shouted as his head hit the ground.

Kie's eyes shot open. Her first thought was " what the hell ". The second being " JJ slobbered all over my shirt ". Her face scrunched with disgust as she let out a low groan.

John B stood up from the foot of the bed feeling the weight of the morning on his shoulders. Kie sat up as much as she could with JJ still fast asleep on her stomach. John B chuckled at them and slapped JJ's shoulder to wake him up.

"JJ, come on. You're straddling Kie. You gotta let go." He whispered. JJ groaned in response and opted to wrap around tighter.

Kie wasn't having it. She flicked him on his nose and watched as he bolted up from the bed, eyes wide and watering. "Ouch." He clasped his nose while gaping wide at her. "Good morning to you too."

"You slobbered on my shirt." She pulled it out to show how damp it still was. JJ wiped his mouth and hopped off the pullout.

"Think of it as a thanks for letting me use your belly as a pillow, yeah?" He yawned and nudged John B on his way to the bathroom. Kie scoffed in response.

"Do you need another shirt?" John B offered.

"Yeah. Do you have any that aren't adorably covered in obscure prints?"

"Kie, you know I have some clothes you've left over here before." John B pointed to his room. The dresser that wasn't even home to any of his own clothes.

"Really? Is that where all my fucking shorts have been disappearing to?"

"Uh... probably."

Her eyes lit up. He watched her fumble her way to his room. He scratched at his head before going to his cupboard. Taking out the box of Cocoa-nuts that JJ and him had almost finished the day prior. A loud sigh forced itself from his chest. He propped himself against the counter and shoveled the last of the cereal into his mouth before discarding the box into the kitchen trash can. The bag had yet to be replaced but he was too drowsy to care at the moment.

That was later John B's problem.

He glanced over at Pope who still had yet to awake all the way. His limbs were all tangled in the blanket unsurprisingly. His eyes were only half open, not even blinking or moving around just yet.

Kie emerged from John B's room with four shirts and a pair of jorts clasped in her hand. One look at her face showed just how annoyed she was to find that John B had been collecting her clothes without her knowledge.

"I've been looking for this shirt for weeks, John B!" She yelled.

"You used to come over a lot more. I just kept some just in case you sleep over and something like this happens. I thought you knew they were here. JJ has a drawer here too. Pope hasn't left any of his stuff here but I've left a drawer open just in case he does. Please don't kill me."