Tell That to the Dog

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines, fool." JJ smirked. He pulled the gun out and checked it to make sure it was still loaded.

"Yo, come on, man. Put it back." John B scolded him.

"What? You can never be too careful."

Pope marched up from the back to outside JJ's passenger side window and blocked his view outside as to keep onlookers blissfully unaware that someone was armed. "Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than solve them."

"Thank you, Pope." John B said while nervously stroking his neck.

Kie popped up from the back seat. "I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that thing into the ocean, JJ. Put it back." JJ licked his lips in deep thought.

John B grabbed it and stuck it back into the glove box.

"You can't grab a gun like that, John B. It's dangerous."

"Oh, so you are aware. Thank fucking god. Let's go."

"Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy ." He said proudly holding up a dangling badge. "This way!" He led them inside through the side door that connected to the kitchen. The kitchen to the rest of the hotel. He smiled as he saw a few of the people he'd worked with.

"Andrew! What's up, bro?" He winked.

Kie looked at John B and he shook his head and shrugged before following after JJ who had disappeared behind some line cooks.

JJ led them to the PC room. He ducked behind the door urging the three of them to do the same. Pope jogged toward the computer like how you'd see a toddler run toward their mom.

"Sweet lord the internet. How I missed you." He shuddered with joy before sitting down at one of the many terminals.

"Yo, lemme get in there. I gotta check my insta models." JJ said as he closed the door.

"We don't have time for that, JJ." Kie slapped his arm and joined Pope at the terminal.

"Coordinates, please, John B."

John B pulled out the map. "Uh... thirty-four, fifty-seven, thirty, north. Seventy-five, fifty-five, forty-two, west." Pope punched the coordinates in and watched the PC spring to life. A pin landed off the coast of the OBX.

"Boom, continental shelf right there." John B said.

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?"

"Zoom in, Pope." JJ urged.

They all collectively held their breath as the map closed in on the pin. JJ was biting at his nails. Nervous as some people passed outside the room.

"Shit, it's on the high side. That's only nine hundred feet." John B said happily giving Pope a side hug.

"Is that doable?" Kie asked.

"Oh yeah. Totally." JJ stood up with a smile.

"Are we gonna be taking your personal submarine?" Pope raised his eyebrows.

"How do you know, Mr. Dive Master?"

"The salvage yard." JJ stated matter-of-factly. "They've got a drone that can drop a thousand. It has a three-sixty camera and everything. It's for like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need."

Pope shook his head. " No. No, I'm not helping you steal a drone. No way."

"Can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B crossed his arms. Giving JJ a side eye.