Pieces

Maintaining the space between them, JJ forced his arms around Pope. Holding on with all his might in an effort to apologize.

"Jayjie, calm down." Pope whispered. JJ didn't respond. "It's gonna be okay."

"It's funny that you're saying that to me when-"

"JJ..." Pope cut him off in a scolding manner.

John B practically crashed through the door with Sarah into the Chateau bearing witness to the aftermath of "excitement" from what had just happened to Pope. His face fear stricken and breath heavy within his lungs. Sarah clung to his hand bearing the same expression.

"Ward has people scoping out the Crain house." John B said breathily.

"What do you mean?" Pope said sitting up.

"Exactly what I said. Ward is looking for the gold at the Crain house. He must've... must've..." John B's face scrunched up, distraught.

Kie crossed their path with her arms neatly tucked into the crooks of her elbows. "So what are we gonna do about it?" She said it in a more stern thought provoking way instead of her usual tone. Almost like she was telling them to get their shit together and go fight Ward for the gold he had no right to claim.

"He can't have it. Who knows what he'll do with it." JJ said, "not that I think we're in any shape to go fight him again but..." both of his hands were pointing up in an effort to convey him needing a moment to gather his thoughts, "I've got the key. And you have my ring. We also have the uh..." he glanced at Sarah's backpack, "botched science experiment. We can turn that into a bunch of little land mines if we put the intentions to explode when touched on it. Right?"

JJ peaked at Pope through his bangs. Pope took a deep breath before saying, "I don't think blowing up the hired help Ward brought to the Crain house is gonna deter them in a way that matters. We gotta be smart about this."

"I'm here for turning the botched science experiment into weapons to use to our advantage." Kie raised her hand. "It's not like he hasn't also done that in the past."

John B raised his hand as well. "All in favour."

"What is this? A democracy?" JJ snickered. "Nah, it's the revolution." He joined them, pulling Pope up with him.

"I don't think we should make them explosives. So as long as we don't do that, I'm... willing to help."

Sarah was last to join. Doubt was itching just under her skin. She frowned and shook her head realizing the gravity of the situation and dispelling any thoughts she might have had against them. "Nobody deserves that power. Not even my father." Her eyes met JJ's. "For the right people."

He nodded back at her.

Since it was only a matter of time before Ward found the gold on the Crain property, they needed to be swift and precise about turning the melted block of gold into something useful. Since forging would take way longer, they all agreed that turning the gold into small hand held pieces would suffice for this event.

Pope and JJ worked together in the makeshift furnace area, dutifully melting down the monster of a gold brick. John B tasked himself with transporting the molten gold to the ice bath, though there was no actual ice left now. Sarah and Kie both collectively imbued each piece with a specific intention before throwing them into organized pouches for each person to choose.

Of course none of the gold pieces would cause explosions per se. But Pope hadn't said anything about smoke. Kie imbued several pieces with the intention to attract smoke and/or cover from sight. Several of the pieces did end up making it so that they were essentially invisible. JJ tested more than a few of the first batch.