16 | Untruthful

Marco Revello

She must have been a witch with how she had me completely mesmerized. My breath hitched inside my throat as I continued to take her in. I called her breathtaking despite words not being enough to describe her beauty. However, if I had to give it a try. I'll call her the fruit of all my desires. Consuming me entirely and driving me to utter madness.

"She is beautiful." Rogan comments from beside me. I knitted my eyebrows together as I glanced over at him. Forcing him to raise his hands in defense. "I'm just stating the obvious, Marco." He defends himself.

"Your brother is here." I changed the subject.

"He left already and I'll advise you to get her out of here." Rogan now whispered. The playfulness in his voice is long gone.

I let out a deep breath as I refrain myself from cursing. Rogan placed his drink back on the table as he pulled his gun from beneath his shirt. Leon approaches me with Rhys tailing right behind him.

"Something is wrong." Rhys informed us.

It wasn't a matter of time. Within seconds I found myself by Ezhil's side. Her big brown eyes looked at me with curiosity. Mouth slightly open ready to ask me what I was going on. Her gaze traveled to Leon and I could see how her expression completely changed. Ezhil's eyebrows knitted together.

I glance at Leon and watch him intensely. The slight worry in his eyes had made me alert. A few suspicious men stood on the balcony and something told me that they were not invited.

"Take them a-" The first gun shots brought panic to everyone. Screams filled in the entire space causing people to run for the entrance. They pulled and tugged on each other to pass first, with no success.

My arm wrapped around Ezhil's waist and pulled her down. While my other arm covered her head. Leon held on to Brenda who seemed to be in a panicked state.

Gunshots were being fired from every direction. "There is a back door on your left. Bring them to safety first." I told Leon as I grabbed my own gun from beneath my shirt. His gaze met mine as he shook his head in disbelief.

"I can't leave you here." Leon objected.

"Now!" I scream. Rhys held on to Ezhil and I noticed how her eyes were glued on the gun in my hand. She looked at me with disbelief in her eyes. Almost begging me to tell her that her eyes are deceiving her.

"Alvize?" She calls out to me as she is being pulled towards the back door. "Ezhil we must go." Rhys pleaded with her. I watch them making their way out of the building.

A shaky breath leaves my lips as I grab my gun. Multiple stairs lead up to the balcony yet I had to find my victim. I had to find a way to make them drop their guard and guns. My eyes roam around and stop at one person. A man standing uninterested on the side. A man I know all too well.

I smile to myself as I go up the stairs undetected. Sneak up behind him and wrap my arm around his neck. My gun is now placed on his tempel causing everyone to point their guns at me. Amused, I tightened my arm around his neck. Not giving him enough room to breathe.

"Marco fucking Revello." A familiar voice cursed. "Somehow we always cross paths." Oscar Revendi spoke visibly irritated. One of the most respected man in the world of crime stood right in front of me with a scowl on his face.

"It must be fate." I said amused as I pressed my gun harder into his head.

"Let go of my little brother." Oscar demanded.

I shrugged. Tightened my grip. "Tell your men to lower their guns."

Oscar lifted his hand and by the time it was back to his side. All their guns were scattered across the floor. Pushed away, far from their reach.